Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300TE 24V
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking round the things under the bonnet (hood) and had found a broken vacuum pipe under the brake master cylinder, looks like a mouse has been in there and chomped his way through it, as i found mouse nest debris there too... anyway i cleaned out the area and this pipe was chomped in two

so i fit a small piece of rubber hose to the two halves and it's fixed (see pic above) i have followed it to here (see pic below)

What is this part for ? .. i followed it to the engine and it had the other end off (see picture below) so re attached it, to where i think it came from ! what is it for ? and have i done the right thing ? the other end seems to go to the inlet manifold, for a vacuum ?

And one more item ... whats this for ? (see below pic ) Thanks Adrian

·
Registered
1990 Mercedes 300E
4 Posts
Adrian, you probably already have an answer; but, in my opinion, it's the outlet hose for the smog pump in the first picture. No idea on the second picture.

Good luck,
Dave

·
Premium Member
Current, 90 300CE, 92 400E (Sold 95 E320,70 250C, 91 190 2.6, 91 420 SEL, 95 300D, 87 TD)
1,700 Posts
They are all vacuum hoses mbz style hard plastic tubes. The top pic goes from there around back behind the fire wall and comes out near the fuse box and i think its for the climate control. the 2nd pic is a vacuum switch for smog pump and if you trace that one you'll see the line coming off of there to the last pic to the pump itself!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts