Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the E320 Diesel. Is there any feedback from you guys regarding this car. I have my concerns about the electrical problems being experienced with other 320's. Help.

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
92 Posts
So far only negligible problems with my 2005 E320 CDI after one year and 27,000 miles. 32 mpg at 75 mph, great comfort, handling, and safety, gorgeous body. Too bad Lexus doesn't service them!

Get the panoramic roof, bi-xenon lights, Harmon Kardon stereo, and CD changer like I did. With the lousy Euro-dollar exchange rate, this may be the best time to buy one at the current price.

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
12 Posts
I pick mine up next Saturday. Did any of you buy the extended warranty? I have the option, but I'm leaning towards not getting it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The E320 CDI is worth every dollar, especially considering current fuel prices. I did have to have the glow-plug module and two injectors replaced 1 day after having the car but have had 0 issues after 9,900 miles.

Jeff

·
Registered
2011 E63 AMG; 2011 E350 2005 E320 CDI; 1984 300 SD
26 Posts
I love this car. Unfortunately in 7 months I have had the car in for service 3 times: 1) passenger seat alarms was constantly telling me to put the seat belt on the passenger (who was not there); the power trunk (dealer had that installed on car on lot; would never ordered such an option) began to snap open and slam shut a alarming speed when activated; and paint began to bubble and chip off of the bumper! Still dealing with the last one which of all three is the most upsetting to me.
The dealer has been very good about taking care of everything. No major mechanical problems in that time. I am, however, rather upset that this "premium" car would have a defective paint job. I hope the rest of the car doesn't start to peel. All in all, however, I would buy this car again. It is a true joy to drive!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts