Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CLK55
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried to remove the command unit, have the mercedes radio keys, can remove the left side but the right side will not latch on. Any suggestions to removing the command unit?

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Coupe
653 Posts
tried to remove the command unit, have the mercedes radio keys, can remove the left side but the right side will not latch on. Any suggestions to removing the command unit?
Take out the temp control unit (in the wood above the head unit) and then push the COMAND from behind. If that doesn't work, you may have to remove the console surround to gain access to the brackets...I had to do this recently. Good luck.

·
Registered
CLK55
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bs00clk, went to try it just now, and still stuck on the right side...if i slip a nail file in the slot, do i need to hook to something and pull out? push to the left? push to the right?

the climate control comes out quite easily, not sure why the command is such a pain

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Coupe
653 Posts
thanks bs00clk, went to try it just now, and still stuck on the right side...if i slip a nail file in the slot, do i need to hook to something and pull out? push to the left? push to the right?

the climate control comes out quite easily, not sure why the command is such a pain
One of my keys was stuck, too, and I played with it for a while and I finally got it to grab...I wouldn't put anything else in there.

If that doesn't work, I hate to say it but you'll probably have to remove the console surround. Not too hard but kind of a PITA. I have the WIS (Mercedes instructions) for that if you can't find the instructions on the boards. PM me if you need that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts