Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes E320
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I needed some help to determine what this code means for a 97 benz e320. I went to autozone to check the code and It came up with p0460 Fuel level sending unit condition, also Poor electrical connection at the fuel level sending unit. Where is the benz fuel sending unit so I can check for loose connections. It comes and goes.

please help

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
Check

the wiring going to the level sensor located on the fuel tank.
Or erase the code and see if it comes back.
ohlord:bowdown:

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes E320
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I checked that cable and its snug fit. and also reset codes too. But error still came back.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Yeah I checked that cable and its snug fit. and also reset codes too. But error still came back.
Hey leetec. Did you disconnect the connector and check both sides for corrosion, moisture, etc.? Check the wire as far as you can for abrasion, damage, etc.

From what I've seen it's pretty rare that the sender itself goes bad but I guess that could happen.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes E320
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still problems

Hey leetec. Did you disconnect the connector and check both sides for corrosion, moisture, etc.? Check the wire as far as you can for abrasion, damage, etc.

From what I've seen it's pretty rare that the sender itself goes bad but I guess that could happen.

Greg

Yeah I've checked the connectors and their clean. I've bent the blad a little to make sure the metal are touching. still same issue

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Hey, leetec. Coincidentally earlier today mpr2007 posted a fix for his sending unit, it is just a couple of threads down. Pull yours and check it as he describes and see if the symptoms roughly line up, if they do then apply his fix.
Good luck and let us know...

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts