Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1962 220Seb convertible and I need a brake overhaul. Can anyone give me a part number for a caliper that will replace the original ones on the front. Mine are siexed and apparently cannot be rebuilt. Is there a cheaper "upgrade" to a more modern set of calipers and rotors?

Also, I need to replace/rebuild the brake booster. Any ideas on where to find one or an alternative to interchange. I drive the car so I am not hung up on orginality (particularly on safety items like brakes).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1965 220S, 1999 Volvo V70 (wagon), 2006 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 72 350SL 4 Speed
1,830 Posts
I looked at Autozone or Advance Auto and they have calipers by Cardone for sale. Check them, you need calipers with the central brake pipe connection. Most likely, you have a single circuit brake and a remote mounted power booster. Please take a picture of your brake components. If you have the T50 remote power booster, repair parts are available.

·
Registered
1972 300SEL 4.5, 1971 Citroen DS21, 1995 Jaguar XJS
71 Posts
I believe the later ATE calipers are a bolt in replacement for the 3 piston girlings your 220SE has. As wbain said make sure the pipe connection is the same...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts