Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need your help in finding some 16" wheels that have the proper offset to move them out flush to the edge of the fender. The wheels must be able to fit for sure on the ML.I saw the 16" wheels on Wolfgangs website and I dont like the way they look. I'm looking for something similar to the stock 5 spoke design. Thxs in advance guys !!

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
MLOffRoad - 4/20/2005 4:03 PM

Hey guys, I need your help in finding some 16" wheels that have the proper offset to move them out flush to the edge of the fender. The wheels must be able to fit for sure on the ML.I saw the 16" wheels on Wolfgangs website and I dont like the way they look. I'm looking for something similar to the stock 5 spoke design. Thxs in advance guys !!
Here's a picture catalog of different Mercedes-Benz wheel styles. The offsets are not listed but should become visible once entered into that availability checking system.

http://www.mbgtc.de/felgenkatalog/pdf/atc_felgenkatalog.pdf

I'll figure you need something like a 7.5 or 8" width and a 40 mm or so offset for a larger tire.
One can also play around with the tirerack ordering system. Enter a 1992 500SEL which has about the offset you are looking for, then select the wheels and it should then display the wheel info incl offset.

PS. Glad you don't the 5 hole MB style, since they are difficult to get now in 41 mm. And I dig this style!!! [:)]

·
Registered
03 ML500
789 Posts
I got two oem wheels available. Contact me if you want them.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thxs for the info WOLFGANG ... would those wheels for the S-class fit on the ML ?? And do you think that a 40MM offset will put the wheels at the fender line ??

BETO ... thxs for the offer but I have the stock 16" 5 spokes with the horrible ET62 offset.

·
Registered
03 ML500
789 Posts
I see, you don't like the oem look. Someone else asked the same question like two years ago and got some wheels from Brabus I think.
If you are going for the looks go with a brand wheel. I'll even ask the stealer. Or go to a reputable wheel store and they might have samples you can try in your truck before buying.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1999 ML 320 Black
35 Posts
Hi. I am getting aftermarket wheels and want the wheel flush with the fender. Right now I have the stock 16x8 with 62mm offset. I have 265/75/16 size tires and they still sit way inside the fenderwell.
I found 2 sets of rims sized:
16x7.5 with 25mm offset and 16x7.5 with 35 offset.
with my tire set up which one would bring me flush with the fender? remember the new wheels are 1/2 inch narrower than what i have....Is there any rubbing issues? thanks in advance....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts