Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
SL500
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 95 SL500 today and the window is spoiling my fun. The passenger window doesn't do the slight up and down action when the door opens and closes. In fact, it seems the highest the window will go is to the point that they normally go when the door is open.

Is there an regulator broke? Should I unplug the battery? Spray wd40 down between the window? I'd rather not pay Mercedes $100 to create a big bill if it is something simple.

Please help!

·
Registered
SL500
56 Posts
I have a '94 SL, and it doesn't do the up and down action. I don't believe that was added ...

I have a '94 SL, and it doesn't do the up and down action. I don't believe that was added until '96 (or later). I wouldn't let a window spoil your fun. (Why isn't it down with the top anyway??)

·
Registered
clk350
71 Posts
Theres a routine you go through to have the window automatically reset this feature.

I had to do it once, forget exactly how, but if I remember you pull the fuse (it's in the trunk distribution block) and then put the fuse back in. Then you run the windows down and I think hold the down for two seconds, then run them up until stop and hold for 2 seconds, then they work fine.

·
Registered
'05 SL65 AMG
505 Posts
The express down function won't work either until you set the limits using the previously described method. This usually happens if the bettery goes dead or is disconnected.

·
Registered
E350 Sport
1,445 Posts
my old '95sl320 did the up/down shuffle when the door is open/closed but the windows do have to be synchronized by holding in the up position for 2 secs after it's all the way up.

p 117 in the manual, which can be downloaded by year in the stickies at the top of 1st 129 page.

·
Registered
1995 SL500
441 Posts
Just to add, my 95 does the up down shuffle on the windows. My passenger window comes down about 2mm further and does not seal as well. As soon as the weather turns I plan to adjust, hoepfully with the 2 screws you can get too removing the outer body cladding.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts