Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
these snaps are of the small console above and at the center of the windshield of a '91 SDL. what is the highlighted section - that grating?

is this the termperature sensor for the hvac system? that's about the only thing i can think of. or was this some sort of microphone for a built-in phone (seems unlikely).

tia,
doody

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
is this the termperature sensor for the hvac system? that's about the only thing i can think of. or was this some sort of microphone for a built-in phone (seems unlikely).

tia,
doody

You got it. :thumbsup:

It's the temperature sensor for the automatic climate control system.

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
Yes, its for your cell phone mic.

Just kidding!!!

No, I *think* that is where the temp sensor is located for your auto climate control.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Temp Sensor. Which gets really screwed up in the sun on a dark colored car. My A/C would freeze out an Eskimo until I get some air circulating in the car after it sits in the sun.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Make sure that the sampler blower motor is running. Wet your finger and hold up to that grill, or take a tiny piece of Kleenex to it. With the key on, it should be pulling air into that grill. I had to replace the sampler blower motor, which is located to the right of the glove box.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm getting an odd electric motor-esque noise coming from the glove box area, I hope it's this sampler motor... It sounds like it has a bad connection, as it cuts in and out randomly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts