Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy some Brabus rims for my CLK 320, and I found a good deal at an auction, but it said that it is only hub-centric for the front and not the rear. The guy at the auction said that I could buy an internal ring from Brabus to stop the vibration (if they are not installed properly, they will vibrate). Does anyone know what this means? Is the internal ring cheap? TIA

·
Registered
C230WZ
2 Posts
When the width of the Hub on the car and the width of the Hub hole in the rim are differen...

When the width of the Hub on the car and the width of the Hub hole in the rim are different (the hole in wheel being bigger) the hub centric ring fills the gap. I bought some rings for as little as $5 a piece a few month ago, you cab get them at any wheel shop.

·
Registered
2007 ML350 Sport
142 Posts
I want to buy some Brabus rims for my CLK 320, and I found a good deal at an auction, but it said that it is only hub-centric for the front and not the rear. The guy at the auction said that I could buy an internal ring from Brabus to stop the vibration (if they are not installed properly, they will vibrate). Does anyone know what this means? Is the internal ring cheap? TIA
If the rears are not Hub -centric they are not Brabus wheels. The're prolly fake.
I wouldn't waste the money on those.
Unless you want to deal with a vibration that will never be right.
There are allot of wheels availible you might want to look around a little more.
Best of luck to ya,
Tim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I did a little more research and found out they weren't really a ...

Thanks for the input. I did a little more research and found out they weren't really a good deal. Thanks again guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts