Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My E430 4 matic is pouring gas out EVAP purge filter located next to charcoal canister and charcoal canister is full of fuel?????

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Check Engine light on? Tank overfilled? Purge valve is located in engine compartment. Next to charcoal canister is shut off valve used to EVAP leak test.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes check engine light is on.no only have about 5 gal in tank.purge valve was making a ticking noise before this issue occured but stopped? About a week later now gas is pouring out of shut off valve next to canister which is also full of fuel......any suggestions/solutions are greatly appreciated omw to wrecking yard now to buy another charcoal canister don't want to ruin another one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes check engine light is on.no only have about 5 gal in tank.purge valve was making a ticking noise before this issue occured but stopped? About a week later now gas is pouring out of shut off valve next to canister which is also full of fuel......any suggestions/solutions are greatly appreciated omw to wrecking yard now to buy another charcoal canister don't want to ruin another one.
Also I DNT have obd2 scan tool or know which plug adapters I need? This is my first Benz all other cars where Honda's lol

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
Any OBD2 scanner will read the code. Get the code, and is the fuel level gauge "empty" light turned on ? flashing ? The empty light is at the bottom side of the gauge fuel level.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any OBD2 scanner will read the code. Get the code, and is the fuel level gauge "empty" light turned on ? flashing ? The empty light is at the bottom side of the gauge fuel level.
No light isn't on have atleast 5 gal when I start the car idles rough check engine light flashes acouple times then goes solid and gas pours out of small white EVAP canister connected to charcoal canister which is also full of fuel....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From what I remember purge filter is under the hood.
Is it possible something disconnect at the charcoal canister?
How about a picture?
Omw to junkyard to search for parts I can take a pic when I get home already had the charcoal canister and EVAP leak canister disconnected to drain out fuel in carbon canister the reconnected everything....still pours from EVAP canister and carbon canister is full of fuel again...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Omw to junkyard to search for parts I can take a pic when I get home already had the charcoal canister and EVAP leak canister disconnected to drain out fuel in carbon canister the reconnected everything....still pours from EVAP canister and carbon canister is full of fuel again...
Screenshot_20190919-135603.png

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
There is no such thing as a purge filter. The purge valve is under the hood just behind the driver side headlamp. I don't think it has anything to do with the problem.

Have you, or anyone recently changed the fuel filter ? Either a clogged / defective filter, or an incorrectly installed one. The fuel return port may have been connected to the degassing port, so the fuel is going to the fuel tank expansion tank and then to the canister, instead of excess vapors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is no such thing as a purge filter. The purge valve is under the hood just behind the driver side headlamp. I don't think it has anything to do with the problem.

Have you, or anyone recently changed the fuel filter ? Either a clogged / defective filter, or an incorrectly installed one. The fuel return port may have been connected to the degassing port, so the fuel is going to the fuel tank expansion tank and then to the canister, instead of excess vapors.
IMG_20190919_165745.jpg
ok can u tell me what the correct term for this part is? And this is where all my fuel is leaking from plz?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts