Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am having a problem that hopefully you can help with. Suddenly, the coupe started leaking coolant. I cannlt seem to trace it...it runs over the transmission and falls to the ground there. Is there a common coolant hose/leak area? Thanks
John

·
Registered
1984 300D Turbo
1,606 Posts
ok then you can probably rule out head gasket.
hmm, by the location it almost sound like a leaking heater core. that's what you could check, along with the monovalve connections at the firewall.

if nothing there then you could maybe try looking at the bypass hose underneath the thermostat housing by the front of valve cover pass. side. also of course check water pump, but those are all on the front of the engine.

good luck.

A

·
0 Posts
look at ur various heater hoses at the rear of ur engine....it sounds to me like thats where the leak is, since thats exactly where the water would drip....down the transmission. if im not mistaken, a bad heater core would make a mess on the floor of ur car, inside.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I traced the leak to a slit in the upper radiator hose to the firewall. It was pretty obvious after getting all your help. Thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John

A

·
0 Posts
thats why we all love to spend hours a day here, "playing" with our toys!!!![:D][:D][:D]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts