Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the low side for the AC. I have a leak at that part and I do not know what it is.
At closer look it seems to have a screw in the front. Perhaps one on the back also. I could not see it but when I felt it with my finger, there is hole there on the back side. I wonder if it was loose and felt off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It is not a part it is a connection, where two A/C lines meet. A bad O-ring inside is most likely causing that leak.

http://mb.ilcats.ru/part/class/1/ccode/F/cat/19Y/type/112/subtype/941/group/13/subgr/075/retcat/45R/rettype/210/retsubtype/065

You have 2 options either go to the dealer and have them confirm the part number from the above link.

Or have your A/C system evacuated by a professional, remove the O-ring and see if they have one similar(places that do A/C often have assortments of universal o-rings), or go to a Parts store and have them try to find one that size.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CKonstantin,

i could find an o ring at the local store. How do you open that connection? What tool should I use?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
from the front it seems that the crew cap is still there, but I felt the back side, it has a hole. Perhaps the screw felt out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Be careful as there could still be some residual pressure left even though the sensor reads 0. I would stick a screw-driver into Low side port just to make sure, wear a glove and make sure you don't get sprayed(keep your face away). The bolt can be removed using a female torx ratchet bit, they are also called External Torx or E-Torx. You can probably get a set at any parts store.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is one long bolt keeping the two lines together, when replacing the O-ring coat it with a little bit of A/C oil and make sure to insert the lines back together straight and flush before tightening the bolt.

·
Registered
22 Posts
make sure one pipe fits straight into the other and there is none, or minimal gap between mating surfaces, before tightening the bolt, otherwise you may damage the O-ring upon reassembly

·
Registered
22 Posts
Last 6 digits of your VIN, your vehicle was built either before or after the cut-off mentionned. It is used to determine what parts you need, as MB didn't just randomly switch from one part to another. Those changes usually happen around May and basically there is a certain vehicle which is gonna be the last one to get the old-style part(the cut-off) and all the cars after that get newer/redesigned part or parts.

·
Registered
2001 430T 4Matic, 1999 735iA
335 Posts
I would stick a screw-driver into Low side port just to make sure, wear a glove and make sure you don't get sprayed(keep your face away).
do it properly, and keep that stuff out of our environment. In Europe there are laws against something like that. 1gramm of that stuff is as bad as driving 10 000 km´s in CO2 terms. And there could be 1.4 Kilogramms or 1400 grams, of that stuff still in there, if a sensor is faulty...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank for all the help in this forum. I replaced the o rings in the line, the low side and hi side that connect to the compressor, the control valve. Also replace the accumulator.
Vacuumed and checked for leakage for two hrs --> Good result
Filled with 6 oz of pag 46 oil
Charged with 35.4 oz of 134a.
The system is alternating between 12 and 15. Ambient temp is 80F

Thank again, I could not have done it with out the helps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts