Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is this part called?
It is at the bottom of the compressor [1998 E320].
It is leaking freon.
How do I open it and fix?

·
Outstanding Contributor W221 Moderator
2010 E350 P1/P2, 2008 S550 Designo, 2002 ML320
1,983 Posts
donquy, that looks to be the refrigerant control valve and is serviceable. I what model is your compressor? Are you in the U.S.?

·
Registered
2001 E320 4matic Wagon
86 Posts
Refrigerant Control Valve

donquy, that looks to be the refrigerant control valve and is serviceable. I what model is your compressor? Are you in the U.S.?
Hi dlafever,
I'm having some AC trouble.
Have done exhaustive testing, monitoring.
Going to do a full AC service job this weekend--reclaim (recycle), vacuum (leak test), recharge-- then reassess.
If the issue persists, then I suspect it maybe a bad refrigerant control valve. Or blockage in the system somewhere.

Do you know any online vendors who sell this individual part? Having a hard time finding it.
Don't want to have to buy an entire compressor.

You said it's serviceable. Can it be cleaned?
Thanks.

Gehan

·
Outstanding Contributor W221 Moderator
2010 E350 P1/P2, 2008 S550 Designo, 2002 ML320
1,983 Posts
Hi dlafever,
I'm having some AC trouble.
Have done exhaustive testing, monitoring.
Going to do a full AC service job this weekend--reclaim (recycle), vacuum (leak test), recharge-- then reassess.
If the issue persists, then I suspect it maybe a bad refrigerant control valve. Or blockage in the system somewhere.

Do you know any online vendors who sell this individual part? Having a hard time finding it.
Don't want to have to buy an entire compressor.

You said it's serviceable. Can it be cleaned?
Thanks.

Gehan
It's been a bit since I first researched this. I do believe it is serviceable, but don't have a p/n for it. In the end I just wound up replacing my compressor because it was ~250 for the compressor and it would be a same-day operation where sourcing the correct RCV was going to take some time. It gets hot here. :)

·
Registered
2001 E320 4matic Wagon
86 Posts
Thanks dlafever.

Last weekend couldn't do AC service as anticipated. Didn't have adapter--R134a Service Port Adapter Straight Low-Side 1/4" Flare, FJC PART# 2602‏--to allow an AC shop to drain my full R134a tank.

With adapter now in hand, will have tank drained this Sat. then perform AC service.
Hopefully, it's just air in the system, and/or a restriction in the receiver-dryer, that's causing my issue.
If not the above, then I'll try being a bit more resourceful in sourcing an RCV, then post details.
It'd be nice to save about $325, instead of having to buy a new compressor and receiver-dryer.
*Fingers crossed*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts