Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1999 E320, 2000 E320, 2003 E320 Wagon, 2005 C230K SS, 2010 Accord LX w Eibach & Koni FSD's
3,025 Posts
As I previously mentioned, B6s will work just fine on a W210 with lowering springs. I even have 1 nub pads all around. Haven't bottomed out yet on compression or rebound. The front B6s are at least 1" shorter than the stock shocks.

·
W163 and General Mercedes Host
3,270 Posts
The info i received on my Mail is directly from:
ThyssenKrupp Bilstein GmbH
Milsper Straße 214
58256 Ennepetal
Germany

So, i'd better trust the information provided by the manufacturer :)
Go the extra mile.
Question their info with what's shown in the market.
Someone has a typo error. :)

Anyhow, those part #s do not apply to the w202s. :)

Keep us posted on your driving results. Photos too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
As I previously mentioned, B6s will work just fine on a W210 with lowering springs. I even have 1 nub pads all around. Haven't bottomed out yet on compression or rebound. The front B6s are at least 1" shorter than the stock shocks.
The
Go the extra mile.
Question their info with what's shown in the market.
Someone has a typo error. :)

Anyhow, those part #s do not apply to the w202s. :)

Keep us posted on your driving results. Photos too.
At the beginning of this theme i posted image, which i sourced from Bilstein online databases and now i am posting it again. You can see here that B36-2156 is going with B36-2157. The mail i have received from Bilstein Germany Confirms this hypothesis and considers these part numbers as Bilstein B8 setup. So, because of this i see no importance to contact them once again. Could not be that both infos are wrong.

Of course i will report about driving improvements and i will share images too :)

Attachments

·
W163 and General Mercedes Host
3,270 Posts
side note:
It's a good point. Always good to know this info from a member.
I now wonder why Bilstein claims B8s are used with lowering springs and none for the B6s.

I'll have to consider which for the E50 when the time comes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It depends on which OE shock you are running. In my case My EO Sachs shocks were shorter than Bilstein Performance ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I understand you want to maintain your factory height but want better handling. There is a trade off because in order
to do this you will need to buy the shocks with a HIGHER dampening (compression and rebound) rate. What I did
was buy the Bilstein heavy duty replacement. I used these parts, which may no longer be used by Bilstein (they
seem to change the part numbers every handful of years)

HD Front/rear
B36-2154 / B36-2155

later, when I replaced with lowering spring, I used the SAME damped, but shorter Sport shocks with these part numbers

Sport F/R
BE3-A057-H0 / BE3-A058-H0

When you view the Bilstein catalog, be sure you pay close attention to the vehicle weight as that will give you an indication
to the dampening rate. I recall it was very difficult to locate a chart(s) showing dampening rates of shock models. This can
be very dissapointing becuase that is a very accurate way of determining how hard/soft the shock model performs.
Nice! Thanks for advice

21 - 26 of 26 Posts