Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am little confused to choose wright performance shocks for my car, maybe you will help me.
I have Mercedes W210 E430 Avantgarde (German Spec) Base Sedan 2000 Year model.
I found this applications for my car:
Bilstein 24-021562 (B36-2156) for front
Bilstein 24-021579 (B36-2157) for rear
I want to know, will this shocks fit on my OE springs? Or i have to buy additional lowered springs for this shocks? I want to increase my car's handling, but do not want to make it lower. OE springs are already low enough.
Also are the shocks i mentioned A.K.A. Bilstein B6 (All of them?)

Thank you.

Registered
Hello. I am little confused to choose wright performance shocks for my car, maybe you will help me.
I have Mercedes W210 E430 Avantgarde (German Spec) Base Sedan 2000 Year model.
I found this applications for my car:
Bilstein 24-021562 (B36-2156) for front
Bilstein 24-021579 (B36-2157) for rear
I want to know, will this shocks fit on my OE springs? Or i have to buy additional lowered springs for this shocks? I want to increase my car's handling, but do not want to make it lower. OE springs are already low enough.
Also are the shocks i mentioned A.K.A. Bilstein B6 (All of them?)

Thank you.
For your application, with no lowering, B6s (or B4s) are fine.
Just ensure the B6s part# are applicable for your w210.
B8s are used with those that have lowering springs.

W210 Moderator
99 E320
I understand you want to maintain your factory height but want better handling. There is a trade off because in order
to do this you will need to buy the shocks with a HIGHER dampening (compression and rebound) rate. What I did
was buy the Bilstein heavy duty replacement. I used these parts, which may no longer be used by Bilstein (they
seem to change the part numbers every handful of years)

HD Front/rear
B36-2154 / B36-2155

later, when I replaced with lowering spring, I used the SAME damped, but shorter Sport shocks with these part numbers

Sport F/R
BE3-A057-H0 / BE3-A058-H0

When you view the Bilstein catalog, be sure you pay close attention to the vehicle weight as that will give you an indication
to the dampening rate. I recall it was very difficult to locate a chart(s) showing dampening rates of shock models. This can
be very dissapointing becuase that is a very accurate way of determining how hard/soft the shock model performs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts