Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230 Sport
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1999 SLK230 Sport front driver side tire started to rub against the wheel-well at the 2 o'clock position whenever I do hard stop, hard right turn, and over speed bump. I notice the top gap and rear gap of tire to fender is smaller than the passenger side (about 0.5" top, 1.0" to the rear). I thought it was bad shock so I replaced both front shocks and problem still there (All four shocks were replaced less than a year ago). I didn't hit or run over any bumps before this problem start to occurs. I don't know if the spring is failing or not, but before I do a spring swap, just wondering if any of you folks have any other ideas that I should look at. Some said my car is need alignment, but this was done less than a year ago when I changed my tires, and I don't think alignment would be so much off..

Any input or recommendation is much appreciated.. Thanks!

BTW, I have Eibach spring set that never have a change to install into the car. I going to do it this time if the original spring is bad.. any recommendation on the spring pad number that I should use. I want my car to be lower about an 1" only for both front and rear.. Thanks!

·
1998 SLK 230
2,648 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts