Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was contacted about an 84 500sec AMG for sale. from the pictures it does have the flat front bumper. I myself have a euro but what do i look for in an AMG? has clear head and corner lights. looks like BBS wire rims. Thinking about going to look at, but what else is there to look for?

·
Registered
83 380SEC/85 500SEC/91 560SEC | 92 500SL | 92 190e 2.6 5-speed/92 190e 2.3 5-speed
2,392 Posts
Clear head, corner, tails are not AMG mods. The bbs wheels were an AMG option but there are many look-a-likes, check for the bbs logo by the lugs, correct ET could be 11,13,23 to be period and model correct. Check for white coil springs (could be black so not a definite sign), valve cover sticks, front/side/rear skirts with part #'s, AMG or nardi steering wheel (Nardi wasn't AMG but was offered by AMG authorized dealers), AMG cluster, burlwood shifter knob, extra door wood, etc. The list goes on!

Take a look and throwup some pictures, good luck.

·
Registered
Depends on the week
3,778 Posts
Basically the more non factory crap you have on the car the more "AMG" it is. lol

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Thinking about going to look at, but what else is there to look for?
-------------------------------
You need to get into the correct mindset. AMG was a catalog of "goodies". You got what you bought - no more - no less. But if you bought two items you could get the trunk badge.

·
Registered
560SEC, 1988; 500SE, 1984; 500SL, 1983
1,880 Posts
Thinking about going to look at, but what else is there to look for?
-------------------------------
You need to get into the correct mindset. AMG was a catalog of "goodies". You got what you bought - no more - no less. But if you bought two items you could get the trunk badge.
Simply look to see if you like it or not...

·
Outstanding Contributor
1990 500SL, 1986 500SEC
1,823 Posts
Wait! Who is looking at this car? NordRhein or Benznoob26? Im confused and wanting to see pics.

Tell me and Oisaj_dude where it is and we will road trip it :D

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i've been swamped lately but he has it listed on CL, i really didn't hound him on questions because I seam to rarely get truth when i do that on the phone haha. It's about 2 hours west of cincinnati he told me. distance/price/time have kept me from going so far..

1984 Mercedes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts