Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190E
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can order the star emblem that fits on the front grill?

I only have the part number for the grill (129 880 0185), but don't know where and how to order the right item on the Internet (I understand there is more than one part number).

Mine is missing and I have not been able to find the item locally (in Singapore).

Thanks!

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
What year is your SL?

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can order the star emblem that fits on the front grill?
I might be able to help. What model year is your SL? I'm asking just in case there is indeed a difference between different model years.

·
Registered
190E
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Star Emblem

Hi Drew,

In actuality I'm driving a 190E. About 3 months ago this local shop converted my bonnet and grill to the R129 model, however they have not been able to find the emblem, so I have been driving my car without an emblem for all these months already!

Thus I am only able to know the grill's part number as printed at the back of the item, but don't know which year.

Do you know anyone out there who can help to trace the correct emblem based on the grill's part number, and whom I can order from?

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Re: Star Emblem

In actuality I'm driving a 190E. About 3 months ago this local shop converted my bonnet and grill to the R129 model, however they have not been able to find the emblem, so I have been driving my car without an emblem for all these months already!
Hi Chew, I'm assuming that Cycle & Carriage didn't do that, did they? [:)] Yes, I'm originally from Singapore as well (over a decade ago though).

Thus I am only able to know the grill's part number as printed at the back of the item, but don't know which year.
Was that the part number that you provided in your initial post?

Do you know anyone out there who can help to trace the correct emblem based on the grill's part number, and whom I can order from?
If there is only one grill, I should be able to trace the emblem. I'd be happy to purchase one on your behalf and send it to you if you like [:)]

·
Registered
190E
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Star Emblem

Hi Drew, surprised that you know Cycle & Carriage, and was from here too! Glad you managed to get out of Singapore though [:)]

C&C does not have the stock of emblems for R129s as I had gone to the spare parts dept only the other day. The grill's part number is 129 880 0185, I just need to get the appropriate emblem and have it sent here.

The local body shop is still hunting for it but it's been too long already. Definitely appreciate your kind help!

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Re: Star Emblem

Hi Drew, surprised that you know Cycle & Carriage, and was from here too! Glad you managed to get out of Singapore though [:)]
Yes, my family bought two E-classes from C&C, which is why I know it [:)]. That was a while ago of course. I used to live in Bukit Timah, on Sian Tuan Avenue.

My parents were actually planning to visit Singapore this April, however due to SARS, they've postponed their trip till December. It's quite difficult to get Business Class seats on SIA's flights at that time of the year (out of Vancouver).

C&C does not have the stock of emblems for R129s as I had gone to the spare parts dept only the other day. The grill's part number is 129 880 0185, I just need to get the appropriate emblem and have it sent here.
Good news, I managed to find the star for you. It was not easy to track it down! Good thing that you provided me with the grill part number since they did change the grill for newer SL's. Please e-mail me at [email protected] for more details. I've ordered one on your behalf already [:)]

Thanks!

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
Hi,

I only have the part number for the grill (129 880 0185), but don't know where and how to order the right item on the Internet (I understand there is more than one part number).

Mine is missing and I have not been able to find the item locally (in Singapore).

Thanks!
I have one sitting right here on my desk:

A129 888 00 86

Hope that helps.

-s-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts