Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004.5 C 230K SS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My SRS light came on today. I can not remember if this is a big deal. I drove the car about 10 minutes and it shut off. This evening, on my way home, it came on when I started the car. It shut off later in about 10 minutes.

This second time, though, I noticed the top row of buttons (for the heated seats, ESP, sun-shade) were not lit up. Also, the towing/alarm button was flashing while the SRS light was on. When the SRS light shut off, this stuff started working.

Is this serious? Do I need to get to the shop ASAP? I have mid-terms next week and would really like to put this off until I am done, however, if my car is in trouble, I want to take care of her.

Thanks.

·
Registered
C230 SS, Ml 55 AMG
11 Posts
The SRS could be anything from a bad seatbelt buckle switch to a bad side airbag to a bad child seat recognition sensor. Alot of owners have had problems with their SRS coming on. Some have had corroded contacts in the steering wheel or a bad horn contact spiral (as far as I can gather, it's a spring that affects the sensor which measures how far the streering column is from the driver seat).

(Part #169-464-03-18 for those interested).

Call your local MB dealer and tell them the problem and tell them that you need to come by and check to see what the problem is. Tell them that you have Exams, and need your car. Check to make sure your care can be deemed driveable and tell them you will bring your car in later to get fixed and will need a loaner.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
The connector on the back of the row of switches is loose. You can drive the car with the SRS light on, but the airbags will not work. And while the lights on the switch panel are off, none of those items will work. No heated seat, no turning off ESP, etc.

·
Registered
C230 SC KOMPRESSOR
33 Posts
I agree with lynn. You can remove the vents reach in and push the plug in!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts