Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys I just replaced the window regulator and now my door glass won't line up when shutting the door. It seems like it's a few mm too high on the opening (high) side of the door. If I push the glass together with the door when closing the door then closes ok, however if i simply shut the door with the window up the glass leans on the rubber and theres a small gap on the side.

Please see attachment, I found this green peice loose in the bottom of the door, and couldn't figure out what it is or where it sits in the whole assembly, wondering if this is a critical component of the door glass assembly.

Appreciate any assistance here.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
There is a stop glued to the bottom of the glass. It tends to drop off and must then be reglued to the glass. Check the stickies on top of the forum for the location and how to fix it. Once that is in place and it's still too high, you can turn the adjusting screw(s) to stop the window slightly lower. If I remember correctly, there are two, one for the front part of the window (very difficult to reach) and one for the back half (easy to reach). But you have to remove the door trim to get to them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, so I just unwind the screw from the picture to the right, but still doesn't answer what the green part is in the picture to the left that was part of the door mechanism, this surely has to belong somewhere?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone know what this green part is and where it belongs? I want to try re-installing it this weekend..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump, any one seen this part before I pull apart the other side (and probably wreck the molding)?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts