Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1994 W124 E320 Coupe, 124.052 chassis, M104.992 HFM engine, 722.503 transmission
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day.

I have a 1994 E320 coupe and am located in Australia. Last year the seat belt guide (triangular piece at end of extender) wore through. I purchased a replacement at the local MB dealer for a cost of $A38 ($US35 approx). A bit pricey for a simple piece of plastic, but what are you going to do?

This purchase was made on April 1 2012, at the time I didn't link it with April Fool's Day.

Last week, after 17 months use, the new guide wore through again. Naturally this did not impress me all that much.

I returned to the dealer and was told the part now costs $A75 ($US70). This had to be a delayed April Fool's Day joke? No, that was the price. This impressed me even less than the short life span of the product.

Rather than pay out $75 every year and a half for a part that should last way longer than that I figured I should be able to get a couple of them shipped from the US and still have change left over. But they don't seem easy to locate. I've looked at places like the Parts Bin, German Star, Autohausaz, mbpartswarehouse, etc, but nobody seems to have it.

I'm assuming American drivers of coupes with the extender and the plastic triangle must face similar issues so I'm wondering if any US W124 enthusiasts can "guide" me in the right direction to where I may locate this part (1248680422).

I'll throw another shrimp on the barbie if you can help me. Thanks.

·
Registered
1994 W124 E320 Coupe, 124.052 chassis, M104.992 HFM engine, 722.503 transmission
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apologies for shonky spelling of "sourcing", seems I can edit the body of the message, but not the subject title.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts