Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son who is very good with all type of engines is going to replace the Distributor caps, rotors and ignition coils on my 1994 SL500. Can anyone tell me if there is a free website he can go to get a diagram of the distributor/rotor and the ignition coil and how they are installed?

·
10,293 Posts
if your son is good with engines, he shouldnt really need a diagram, as most/all of these components are in plain view.

The only trick is to remove the plastic covers on the engine without breaking them...

also, if you re doing the job to fix a misfire, I would start with wear and tear parts, the coils dont go as often as the sparks/wires/rotors/caps... so start with those, then work your way up to Coils and MAF

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just number all the wires and take a picture of them before disassembling. That way you will know how to put them back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
there are a few diagrams on this website

15 Engine Electrical System - M119

they are not step by step but they help
p.s. when switching out the distributors take the new one and one by one transfer the wires from the old one so you don't mix them up. If you do mix them up you can just follow the wires back to the cylinders, the caps should have markers on them

4-8
3-7
2-6
1-5
|
Front of engine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts