Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
CLK 320 2001
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need u guys to help me , ive spilt something on the shifter in the clk and now im stuck in park but i can release it with the release button but im also in LIMP mode 1st or 2nd gear. i want to remove the shifter so i can try cleaning it first before buying one because there expencive here in the UK £338+VAT just for the shifter unit.

So my plan is to try and remove it and give it a good clean with some contact cleaner let it dry and put it back together and see how i go.. if it fails i will have to buy one but also would prefer to fit it myself to save some £££

Any HELP from u guys would be great..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
215 Posts
It happened to me about 6 months ago and i freaked out. I read up on it and all you need is alcohol-based cleaner and q-tips There are a lot of writeups on the procedure but basically you:

1. remove the shift knob
2. Remove the wood panel and disconnect all cables (windows, morrow controls etc.)
3. you should then be able to remove the plastic film with P, R, N, D etc.
4. you should be able to see the circuitry.. when i spilled water on mine, there was a white resedue all over it.. used a disinfectant wipe and q-tips to remove the resedue..and viola!! saved a lot of cash.

There is a write up with alot of pics, just search for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts