Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just fitted a new rear headlining and want to re-cover the head lining in the front cab.

I have been able to remove the sun visors and trim the goes along the tops of the doors but I can't work out how to remove the trim on the door pillars. This is the part that covers the seat belt inertia reel etc. There are no obvious screws that I can see and its held in there very firmly.
I need to get this off so I can take down the old cab headlining.

Can anyone help please?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Took the trim off today. The B-pillar trim has the same type of push clips as the A pillar, 6 in total. Anyone know the part code for the trim clips?
IMG_3323.JPG
IMG_3320.JPG
IMG_3321.JPG

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks 4xpaws. I thought it might be something like that. Can I assume I'm likely to break them in taking it off judging by your request for part numbers?

·
Registered
303 Posts
mattp94 or stoneboy,
what type of fixing secures the bottom end of the A trim? - the fixing point between the 2 foam pads. Is it another of the white clips, except its fitted to the A pillar and then you've got to slot the trim into it?
IMG_3328.JPG
I'm missing several of the clips, whoever fitted the radio aerial and bulkhead must've broken them! honest guv.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4xpaws - Just had a look at the fittings on my van and there doesn't appear to be a clip although there is certainly a hole in the metal pillar. However, the dash holds it all in place quite firmly without the need for the final clip.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts