Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove the changer from my 2008 CLK350 glove box.
What do I have to do after removal to keep the rest of the system working, if anything?
Thanks
roger

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,912 Posts
You will need a Fiber Optic Bypass Coupler - a short connector segment to splice your fiber optic loop back together; it's available through the dealer, around $25 if I recall correctly.

The device is nothing more than a black fiber optic connector with a single fiber optic lead that loops the light from the output side back into the input side. The black connector will plug into the fiber optics where you disconnect your changer.

The part number for D2B (older) cars is 000-545-33-84; it is likely different for MOST bus (which your model year has), but it's the only part number I have.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Skylaw, do you know if there is any reprogramming of the system, or is it "plug and play" that will adapt the next time it is powered?

·
Registered
RHD C200K Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
451 Posts
knuts - your MOST bus will throw errors since a configured device is no longer present. It will still work fine, however.

MOST coupler is A 000 545 84 30 fyi, and the last time I picked some up they were about $4usd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts