Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
dear all,

I have a 1991 190E 2.6L and the radio appears "CODE" after I changed the battery. It's a radio system by ALPINE model CM2190 and I got the 5-digit radio code from MB dealer. But every time I enter the last number there's only a very loud BEEP sound and the word "CODE" doesn't disappear.

Some of the posts say to press on the "*" button, but my radio system doesn't have that button...

I would like to know if there's a specific instruction to follow for the code entering. Please help!:bowdown: if anyone could help me with a step-by-step procedure...

Thanks a lot

Here's how my radio system looks like

Attachments

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
that is not an alpine, thats a rare early blaupunkt unit.

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
enter the code and hit the seek button.

·
Registered
37 Posts
curious if you resolved your radio issue.... I have the same problem... 5 digit code and beeps when i enter the last digit..

thanks

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
^ what type of radio do u have?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 1990 190E, 2.6l....... I was at the benz dealer today and they gave me a code that didn't work. So I pulled the radio, CM2190, AL2190X1117443 B91117443A.

Assuming its an alpine based on the serial number (AL)

thanks

·
IR MODERATOR
9,228 Posts
radio was probablly swapped at some point. take the stereo to the dealer and have them pull the code for that serial number

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
My 190E is also a 1990 2.6. Previously my father's car. He tried entering the code too many times and it went into the 24 hour WAIT mode. I had to power the radio on for 24 hours on my work bench before I could reenter the code. It's the same radio as pictured in post #1 above.
Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
I spoke with Alpine tech support and they took the serial number and the code. They are going to see what they can do to help, the tech told me he believes the radio is an alpine that was made only for the mercedes for a short period of time..

I'll post their response..

thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I thought i would give this another try.... I'v been unable to obtain a code for this radio to date and was wondering if there may be otheres who have had a good experience obtaining a code for the CM2190 radio.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts