Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAAAY, im new to this forum and my parents just bought me an Slk350. Iridium Silver fully loaded. I was wondering If there were any aftermarket "bodykits" that looked like the AMG kit, OR if I could just purchase the Kit from MERCEDES BENZ, Im from Texas. THANKS

·
Registered
2006 Brabus B55
476 Posts
Damn boy. You want more? My Daddy bought me a used 10-speed and topped it off with some grease for the chain and a kick in the ass. And I was happy to have it! Just don't tell us you're 25 and still living at home. Man, I wish would have had problems like your's when I was a kid. All I had was acne.

Just kidding. Congrats on the nice new car.

Some advice though: the whole, "my parents just bought me" part is probably better left out. The best thing about the Internet is that you never have to give out TOO MUCH information. Knowing how you got your sweet ride has no effect on the advice you get.

Go to Brabus - they can hook you up.

Good luck.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Beleriand said:
Some advice though: the whole, "my parents just bought me" part is probably better left out. The best thing about the Internet is that you never have to give out TOO MUCH information. Knowing how you got your sweet ride has no effect on the advice you get.
:) I agree.

·
Registered
2009 SLK 55 AMG
966 Posts
welcome! and please place your location in your profile as answers to your future questions are location specific as this board is worldwide

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
Brabus all the way, its amazing

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
Beleriand said:
Damn boy. You want more? My Daddy bought me a used 10-speed and topped it off with some grease for the chain and a kick in the ass. And I was happy to have it! Just don't tell us you're 25 and still living at home. Man, I wish would have had problems like your's when I was a kid. All I had was acne.

Just kidding. Congrats on the nice new car.

Go to Brabus - they can hook you up.

Good luck.
Hey now, don't pick on us "25 year old kids." I could only afford the SLK350 when I bought it at a tender young age of 23.

bballmj, PLEASE for our sake, don't put a bodykit on your SLK350 that looks like it belongs on a Civic. Or I will have to bow down to Beleriand and say he's right about us kids.

And

·
Registered
2005 slk 350
468 Posts
I have considered a bodykit for my non-AMG car. The two I have considered is the Brabus kit and the Carlsson kit. Lorinser makes one, but it looks a bit too Mazda 6 for me. The Brabus kit is more subtle, has the quad foglights and the puddle lights in the side sills. It seems to make the car more aggressive without losing the flowing lines of the non-AMG fascia. If you want a somewhat more aggressive, yet OEM look, Brabus is the way to go. The Carlsson kit is much more aggressive IMO, looking more like the AMG version. It's pretty nice if the AMG look is what you're going for. I have leaned to Brabus, because Carlsson looks too AMG for me, almost like a re-worked copy. Kleeman makes one too, but it's not my taste, bit too ricey looking. Just my opinion, I'm sure others will chime in.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 slk 350
468 Posts
I live in PA. I got a quote for the Brabus kit without the rear (wasn't interested in the quad pipes) and the rear spoiler (I already have the AMG one) around $ 3000.00 delivered. That's unpainted and un-installed. I didn't get quotes on painting and install, but I was guessing under $ 1,000.00. But, I'm not sure. I got a great quote on the Carlsson kit including the rear fascia ( but no pipes) for around $ 2,800.00 delivered. Also un-painted and un-installed. The Carlsson kit will probably be more to install, because it involves cutting the front bumper away to some extent. That concerned me a bit, but for a good body shop, it shouldn't pose too much of a problem. From the research I did, if you get full kits in any of the top, well-known tuners expect a bill of at least $ 5,000.00 when you're done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sweet.. Well Here's what all Im planning to do with my car, I have my mom's credit card. Could you guys find me the best deals possible?

Clear front Corners ( that should be around 40? ).
Lowering the Back by .5"
Spoiler (Amg, Or Prob the Brabus)

Thats it for now..

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
bballmj99 said:
I have my mom's credit card.
Another fact you could leave off.

$50 clear markers (www.euroautolights.com)
$300-400 for springs without installation. It will drop front and back (H&R/Brabus)
$200-300 online for an AMG-like rear spoiler (Ebay search)

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
bballmj99 said:
HAAAY, im new to this forum and my parents just bought me an Slk350. Iridium Silver fully loaded. I was wondering If there were any aftermarket "bodykits" that looked like the AMG kit, OR if I could just purchase the Kit from MERCEDES BENZ, Im from Texas. THANKS
One world "AMG"

·
Registered
2006 Brabus B55
476 Posts
bballmj99 said:
sweet.. Well Here's what all Im planning to do with my car, I have my mom's credit card. Could you guys find me the best deals possible?

Lowering the Back by .5"

Thats it for now..
Man, this guy can't be for real - Parent's bought him a SLK350? Why? Just for the hell of it? Mommy's credit card????? Soon he'll be looking to pass out the number. I seem to recall this same situation at a 7-11 on prom night - "uh, Mr. would you go in and buy us a beer?"

I ain't touchin' this with a ten-foot pole and I advise the rest of you guys to do likewise. Something doesn't smell right here. Just my lawyer sense kicking in.

That's it for me and this thread. Let some other sucker help you spend Mommy's money.

But if you are serious about Brabus call this number - (949) 797-0177 - and ask for Matt, he will give you all the information you need - but I can tell you right now, he ain't takin' Mommy's credit card.

I'm out.

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
bballmj99 said:

Lowering the Back by .5"

Thats it for now..
Since you're 19, you can consider cutting your springs if you really want to lower it by only .5". You won't notice the difference

eBay sells a spoiler that looks like the AMG for $150. It's just a piece of plastic so you really can't go wrong with it.

·
Registered
'06 SLK55
831 Posts
I see no point NOT to help this guy out.

Sure, he is quite fortunate, but he's not alone.

I just met an 18yr old that owns a CLS500 that he probably got from his parents. He was talking about soon upgrading to the CLS63. I didn't doubt him much since he was already driving such an expensive car. He also talked about getting some wheels and lowering it.

As we were talking, he mentioned that his insurance is over $700 a month! I pay $320 every 6 months What a difference!

At 18, I was driving a beaten-up Honda Accord that I bought for $1200. I made $100 payments for a year.

I know I'm getting old when I keep thinking, "Kids these days!"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Beleriand said:
Man, this guy can't be for real - Parent's bought him a SLK350? Why? Just for the hell of it? Mommy's credit card????? Soon he'll be looking to pass out the number. I seem to recall this same situation at a 7-11 on prom night - "uh, Mr. would you go in and buy us a beer?"

I ain't touchin' this with a ten-foot pole and I advise the rest of you guys to do likewise. Something doesn't smell right here. Just my lawyer sense kicking in.

That's it for me and this thread. Let some other sucker help you spend Mommy's money.

But if you are serious about Brabus call this number - (949) 797-0177 - and ask for Matt, he will give you all the information you need - but I can tell you right now, he ain't takin' Mommy's credit card.

I'm out.

Belleriand or w/e the F*** u spell it, bro you have no life. I'll take a picture of my car tonight and have a sign sitting there saying ur a loser. Who tries to make friends online? Get some real ones in life bud. It's funny cause No one cares if your a lawyer, your always gonna be a loser. Peace out bro.

·
Registered
SLK350
834 Posts
bballmj99 said:
Belleriand or w/e the F*** u spell it, bro you have no life. I'll take a picture of my car tonight and have a sign sitting there saying ur a loser. Who tries to make friends online? Get some real ones in life bud. It's funny cause No one cares if your a lawyer, your always gonna be a loser. Peace out bro.

ok buddy, I'm not gonna sit here and defend you if you lash out at other members. I just think that it's simple and acceptable that people who bought their cars with their own hard earned money (believe me, one day you will learn what hard earned money is) don't feel that it's fair for spoiled kids to get luxury cars from their parents for absolutely no effort at all.

Now if it was a reward for getting into Harvard, Princeton, MIT, Yale, etc, ok I understand, you worked hard and you deserve it. Now if you're just a spoiled brat who's going to some garbage state college like UT Austin and your parents are buying you an SLK350, then no, you don't deserve it. I wouldn't be bragging about "mommy's credit card" on this forum. I also think most of us on this forum wouldn't be your "bro," bro. Most SLK owners are twice your age buddy. I for one think I'm the youngest SLK owner to actually have paid for the car and insurance by my own paycheck when I bought the car at 23. Nobody can say I don't deserve it if I bought it with my own hard earned money because I don't sound like a spoiled brat.

In the spirit of the forum, please leave personal comments and insults off. They don't belong in a Mercedes forum. If you own a SLK350, at least act like you have the class that a SLK owner should have. Otherwise, you don't deserve to be a Mercedes owner. Wait, you're not, if your mommy bought it for you, it's her name on the title, which means it's not your car, you're just driving it. If you just asked a question without phrases like "I'm a 19 year old" or "Mommy's credit card," you would have gotten many genuine unbiased responses and wouldn't have pressed the wrong button with some people.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts