Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Help!! Problems with my CLK

1025 Views 9 Replies 0 Participants Last post by  Rick
G
similar problem, resolved today.

Just picked my 430 up from service this afternoon. I had a similar problem, BAS/ABS light came on Sunday afternoon. I happened to be near my dealer so stopped there to check it out. The sales guys fiddled with it for a while, but when we noticed the brake lights were out we gave up, and they put me in a ML320 loaner. They spent 3 hours isolating it to a piched wire between the rear seat and hat deck, and had to order a new wire section. I had called 800 Mercedes and they said park it.<p>The regional service manager was there, and was taking the wiring harness back to the factory to do some follow-up training for someone. this problem took about 2 weeks to appear. <p>: Last night as I was driving from work, the BAS light came on and stayed on. Anyone know what this means ?<br>I immediately stopped on the side of the road and turned off my computer. I tried calling 1800-for-Mercedes and<br>guess what ? No answer. I started her again and the light was gone!! It's been okay so far but do you guys think <br>I should have this checked ? What is BAS anyway ?<p>Thanks<p>David<p>
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Russ and Smapz for all the info. Also Welcome to the board

: Just picked my 430 up from service this afternoon. I had a similar problem, BAS/ABS light came on Sunday afternoon. I happened to be near my dealer so stopped there to check it out. The sales guys fiddled with it for a while, but when we noticed the brake lights were out we gave up, and they put me in a ML320 loaner. They spent 3 hours isolating it to a piched wire between the rear seat and hat deck, and had to order a new wire section. I had called 800 Mercedes and they said park it.<p>The regional service manager was there, and was taking the wiring harness back to the factory to do some follow-up training for someone. this problem took about 2 weeks to appear. <p>: Last night as I was driving from work, the BAS light came on and stayed on. Anyone know what this means ?<br>I immediately stopped on the side of the road and turned off my computer. I tried calling 1800-for-Mercedes and<br>guess what ? No answer. I started her again and the light was gone!! It's been okay so far but do you guys think <br>I should have this checked ? What is BAS anyway ?<p>Thanks<p>David<p><p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last night as I was driving from work, the BAS light came on and stayed on. Anyone know what this means ?<br>I immediately stopped on the side of the road and turned off my computer. I tried calling 1800-for-Mercedes and<br>guess what ? No answer. I started her again and the light was gone!! It's been okay so far but do you guys think <br>I should have this checked ? What is BAS anyway ?<p>Thanks<p>David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have your brakes/ABS checked. Maybe it needs...

...servicing. I also think that road conditions have something to do with that. When I was driving uphill, the same thing happened to me. Never encountered the problem again though.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Solution

<br>If you didn't drive abruptly or aggressively then<br>she probably needs the 'stop switch' replaced at<br>your MB service center. Alot of the<br>new CLK430s does that. BAS/ABS/ESP light<br>would all come on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Solution

<br>If you didn't drive abruptly or aggressively then<br>she probably needs the 'stop switch' replaced at<br>your MB service center. Alot of the<br>new CLK430s does that. BAS/ABS/ESP light<br>would all come on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Solution

Thank you Smapz!!<p>I've had this baby almost a year now and this is the first<br>problem I've encountered. Hopefully the last. From your post<br>I get this is a commong thing. No recall ? =)<br>BTW, Would you happen to know how much this "Stop Switch" costs ? <p>TIA,<p>David<p><br>: <br>If you didn't drive abruptly or aggressively then<br>she probably needs the 'stop switch' replaced at<br>your MB service center. Alot of the<br>new CLK430s does that. BAS/ABS/ESP light<br>would all come on.<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It should be covered under warranty. Just have your service guy check it out before you say anything

: Thank you Smapz!!<p>I've had this baby almost a year now and this is the first<br>problem I've encountered. Hopefully the last. From your post<br>I get this is a commong thing. No recall ? =)<br>BTW, Would you happen to know how much this "Stop Switch" costs ? <p>TIA,<p>David<p><br>: <br>If you didn't drive abruptly or aggressively then<br>she probably needs the 'stop switch' replaced at<br>your MB service center. Alot of the<br>new CLK430s does that. BAS/ABS/ESP light<br>would all come on.<p><p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: BAS

BAS is 'Brake Assist System'. It's supposed to apply the brake's more aggressively than the average driver would ordinarily do in a panic stop situation. I left foot brake and I notice if I transition quickly from accelerating to braking I can get more brake actuation than I intended.<br> -- Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.