Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
CLK 430 AMG
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having loads of problems with my convertible roof. Everytime I try to open it, it stops and I have to keep turning the igniton off and trying again. Has anyone experiecnced this problem?? Also sometimes it knocks out the windows and mirrors. Also when I put the side lights on - i can see that the front window switches dont light up. If I drive for a while they coem back on and everything works. This is really annoying me. ALSO : yesterday when I went to close the roof - after immediately pressing the red switch - the engine started to stall - after a bit of searching I found that it was the relay in the boot - next to the fusebox - by tapping it the engien started running normally again (must be fuel pump relay). ALSO the windows started working again. Does anyone know what this can be?????? I also get LAMP DEFECTIVE sometimes, and when I turn the ignition off - the side lights stay on and teh drivers side indicator light stays on. ANy clues anyone. Also forgot to mention when the windows and mirrors dont work, the roof and the rear headrests/rollover bar do not work. Please Help !!!!

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430 Cabriolet/silver
8 Posts
windows inop

I Have also had a sililar probelm and can'tfind any info on it. Sometimes after siting a short while the convertible top ligh is on, the roll bar switch ligt is on, the windows don't work and the outside mirrors don't work. After driving about 40 miles everythn starts working again ant the switch lights go out. Any ideas.I figure it is some relay.Please help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts