Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had these problems that I'm having with my CLK 430 (2001)?<p>1) <p>a) Every so often, I will switch from radio to CD, and nothing will be playing. I check the track forward, and can "fast forward" through the CD or switch tracks, etc., but hear nothing. I have to "reboot" the car by turning the engine off & restarting. Then it works.<p>b) Same thing will happen with the voice command for the cellphone, I'll hear the "beep", and after my request I don't get a voice follow up (e.g. "The number please"). It will work after "rebooting" the car. <p>c) Same problems happen in reverse from using the cellphone and switching back to radio or CD. "Rebooting" works.<p>2)<br>a) Also have problems with my side view mirror not coming fully back to its position when going from reverse to drive. Have to manually adjust<p>b) As well, sometimes the mirror will attempt to move into a position that it mechanically can't acheive, and "snap" repeatedly.<p>-- With both the problems above, I took my car into the dealership _twice_ and both times, they wouldn't / couldn't fix, because they "couldn't replicate the problem" -- I've contacted Mercedes directly, and they just referred me back to the dealership.<p>3)<br>Twice in 2 months the front air dam has fallen off. First time it was while it was at the dealership, but the second time was just 2 days later. Since I've owned this car, I've only once parked close to a low concrete parking barrier. The dealership said that "this happens all the time", but I think it's BS and want to find a way to fix it permanently.<p>Sorry for the lengthy posting, but if anyone can give some ideas as to computer problems / design flaws, please do!<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hade the same problem with the "clicking" on my previous car, the plastic gears in the mirror were stripped. As to the problems with the phone and cd, it sounds like an electrical bug. They are all intregrated. The front air dam, I believe that you are talking about the center piece that goes across the grill, that has been discussed before and has been a problem with other posters not only on this list but on www.mbworld.org and www.edmunds.com<br>You may wnat to try another dealer for your repairs<p><br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The CD/Radio/VCS all has a fault memory that the dealers can read out - so they can probably work ou

:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts