Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Slk 350 late Feb 05
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
As some of you would know i ordered my 350 in august last year.
Iridium
Red interior
Xenon
Infa red remote
rain sensor wipers
airscarf
heated seats
parameter steering

It will be at the dealer on monday and i am picking it up on wednesday.

There have been two different threads on things to look out for when picking up the car.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1190634&posts=5&hl=checklist

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1186467&posts=13&hl=checklist

i was just wanted to know if anyone had things to add considering there have been a few problems with some of our cars recently. i know there was a thread about how to break in the car but i cant find it. could someone please give me the link to it.

finn

·
Registered
SLK 230 & SLK350 and Jaguar XF PL
568 Posts
Apart from the usual dents etc I would check the bonnet edge with you finger where the wipers may scratch/chip if not raised correctly when cleaning the glass, there is not much room between wiper and metal (mine was chipped). Some have had problems with ill fitted rear glass inserts. Enjoy your car.

gary

·
Registered
Caspian Blue SLK350
61 Posts
Your thread is timely as my car will hit port on 1 March in Baltimore and should be at the Dealer a week later. I figure that delivery will be around the week of the 7th.

Thank you as the check list will come in handy. I am also anticpating that the Dealer will help me work through the check list and options

·
Registered
SLK 350 , S 500 L, C 200
109 Posts
hi Finn,

Glad to hear your car has arrived at last, sounds great.

I have had only a minor hassle with a rattle from the door - otherwise no problems at all -

I have only seen a few on the perth roads - so welcome -

alsie

·
Registered
Slk 350 late Feb 05
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. i have got a long list to go through when i pick it up.

Alsie: which part of perth do you live in? i have only seen 200s havent seen any 350s as yet.

finn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts