1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SRS light on dash

hi all would appreciate any advice possible

as above light stays on all the time when driving

when i first turn key to start engine the SRS light goes out for 1 second then comes straight back on and stays on all the time? have noticed left seat belt wire has come away from it ... its just 2 thin wires brown and can't remember other colour . would that be the problem:confused:

thanks in advance

AD:thumbsup:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Good morning Adam,

Thanks for joining. Regarding your SRS light, have you checked your manual yet ?

You might also post in the regular W210 forum as this one is for the AMG. You may get a quicker answer as they have way more posters than here.

You might also try the search function at the top.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but my manuals away in the car.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Mike K.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Yes, repair the seatbelt light if you know if you know what repair needs to be repaired.

However, understand if you don't know what connection needs to be reapired - it's best not to mess around, there can be ETD circuits there which if you set off a small explosive bolt fracking the seat belt system.

A SRS light is failrly common - and "most" are a failure of the passenger seat sensor - a SDS scan by MB or by a full SDS licensed system is the best way to confirm.

There are several ways owners deal with a seat sensor failure:

1) First check the wiring connections underneath the seat going to the sensor. If these wires get borken, it is the same read as a failed sensor.

2) If the wiring isn't the problem, and if you don't carry juveniles in the front passenger seat, then tsome of those adult owners pull the cluster and remove the warning bulb, although is most W210 the small LED on the console with still be lit

3) There is a seat sensor emulator from like Bulgaria that you can purchase on ebay that plugs into the seat wiriing, and "mocks" the electronic signals from the seat sensor. Again, if you don't intend to carry children in the front passenger seat.

4) You can choose to replace the seat sensor in the passenger seat, source the sensor and most opt to find a local upolstery shop to do the install.

Good luck - and keep the beat !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts