Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450SLC
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP WITH MY 450 SLC PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM VERY NEW TO THIS IM AFRAID SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME -- :) and i have now added pictures of my car i need help on and i have managed to upload them on this site in my albums i believe !!!

i have recently purchased off my old friend a 450slc and it was running some time ago and yesterday we gave the old girl a turn of the key with very little petrol i admit and it wouldnt start ---- we also think that the fuel pump may not be working so we have also just ordered a new one of these ( however when we took the fuel pump off we noticed that there was 3 round similar looking parts all connected and wondered what they could all be please so i can order them in required ---

2ndly ----- i need the bracket that hold all 3 together and also the bracket and rubbers that hold this to the car itself ---

3rdly ----- i need also the metal and rubber fuel pipes that connect the 3 units together and the rubber ones that connect to car from all 3 etc

4th ----- could i have sucked up soe dirty old petrol from the old fuel etc as to why it wouldnt start ---

5th ----- has anyone got a clue what the car is worth ( i mean is it worth me doing things to or a waste of money if its going to be too expensive ----

6th ----- any idea on the year of my car please if i provide pics ------

any help at all on this car as to good things and bad things to look out for would be sooooooooo very much help as i dont know alot about cars but the idea of hearing a v8 engine running made me smile to be honest ------

she also needs small bodywork touch ups and some minor rust on a wing etc but otherwise it seems quite a nice car maybe -----

thankyou to all that can help me ---

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,353 Posts
No idea what it might be worth in the UK. What you describe is a parts car here. Not worth the trouble or expense. And we can buy parts a whole lot cheaper.

Some other UK members here will have to comment further.

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
10,212 Posts
Send a Vin Number and we should be able to figure out the year. Those 3 things together are probably 2 fuel pumps and one filter, there is also and accumulator. 1 or 2 pumps depends on the year.

·
Registered
1978 450SL--117K
1,374 Posts
No idea what it might be worth in the UK. What you describe is a parts car here. Not worth the trouble or expense. And we can buy parts a whole lot cheaper.

Some other UK members here will have to comment further.
Damn Jim, you are picky. Must be the cop in you.......

It's probably crappy gas that you just pumped into the injectors. Or, it might not even have gas in it--might all be sludge or a faulty fuel gage.

What it's worth is dependent upon other models available near you. If the rust isn't too bad and the car can be made to run, then it depends on what you pay for it--anything (well, almost) is fixable. Just depends on how much time and money you have.

·
Registered
1978 450SL--117K
1,374 Posts
oh, and always try to take pics of what you are talking about, it helps everyone know what it is if you do not.

·
Registered
1972 350SL euro
89 Posts
Hi, how you doing

Your best bet for finding it's value would be to look at ebay for cars of the same vintage, like the lads said above US values compared to UK values are poles apart and not a good comparison.

If your looking for secondhand parts eBay - eine der größten deutschen Shopping-Websites always has a better and larger selection than it's UK equivalent, and the Germans don't mind shipping stuff either.

I can't get access your pics

Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts