Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 E430 (base), 77 450SL, 89 420SEL, 97 E420
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago my drivers side mirror was whacked off. The mirror is gone, not even broken pieces on the street. The housing is perfect, motor works in all directions, except for the turn signal/car locked/unlocked indicator which I found on the street by the drivers door - not chipped or cracked but the LED which is sealed inside might have broke. I took off the housing and discovered 4 different wires, the one for the turn signal/lock/unlock indicator is obvious. However, there is a wide(about 5/8")x high(about 1/8") x deep (about 5/8") multi connector, and 2 smaller wires that have 2 female connectors at their ends. I've looked everywhere possible for the male/female counterparts to these wire connectors but can't find anything where they plug into. I've checked the stickies, but nothing close except for removing and replacing the mirror housing. Does anyone have any clue as to where these wires get plugged into. My car has heated/dimming glass but don't know if these 3 wires are for these functions.
The winner gets the small make-up mirror adhered to the base so I can continue to drive until the new mirror arrives.

·
Registered
1999 E300 TD
46 Posts
Not sure about the third, but the 2 female connectors should plug on to the mirror glass itself. The new glass will have two male ends sticking out for the heater.

If you post a picture I may remember where the other one goes.

-TDP

·
Registered
2000 E430 (base), 77 450SL, 89 420SEL, 97 E420
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course, like an idiot I was so excited that there wasn't much damage that I quickly put everything back together. I think you're correct about the heated mirror connections, but the other, larger connector is what concerns me. I think if I move the mirror to a better position, I might be able to fish it out and get a photo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts