Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 E320 CDI
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just replaced the front suspension on my 213k 2005 E320 CDI and also serviced the transmission by replacing the Gasket, Filter, and Plug.

Symptoms, start car and I have a "Brake Wear Visit Workshop" message, brake pads are almost new but I must have damaged or don't have properly seated the brake wear sensor in the pad after removing the rotor/caliper. Will replace this with a new sensor.

But I try and take the car for a test drive and it won't go over five miles per hour (5 mph) with the yellow triangle flashing with no other lights or warnings.

Pulled codes and I have codes: P2000, P2010:, 6210, 6230.

I ordered two new wheel speed sensors and will get that installed but am I head the right direction? They were only like $13 each so with 213k miles it doesn't hurt to change them just in case.

Thank you everyone.

·
Premium Member
2005 E320 CDI
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update, replaced the front passenger brake pad wear sensor. That removed the "Brake Wear Visit Workshop" message. Installed a new Wheel Speed Sensor on the Front Passenger side wheel. Didn't realize one of the connectors is buried behind the inner wheel plastic shield at just the right point that it doesn't flex / shove out of the way enough to easily release the connector but with a bungee to hold it up and a flat head I was able to release and push it out and get the new sensor connected.

However with these two changes I still have no speed, max speed approx 5mph if that. Still have the P2000 and P2010 codes, suggestions or ideas?

My reader says a P2000 is "The braking torque value sent from the traction system via the CAN bus is implausible."
and the P2010 is "The braking signal sent from the traction system via the CAN bus is implausible."

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2005 E320 CDI
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok, from research I cleared the codes to see if they would come back and it quickly triggered these codes which is indicating an issue with the front right brakes.

C22BC: Pressure Regulator, Right Front Wheel
C2258: ABS Control
C2534: Right Front Separating Separating Valve
C2502: Brake fluid old
C227B: Pressure Regulator Front Left Wheel
C22FB: Pressure Regulator Right Front Wheel (different code by same description as C22BC)

Thoughts/Ideas? Did I get lucky by having the SBC fail while sitting in the garage? Do these codes correspond with the covered SBC failure covered by Mercedes? I will keep posting my progress to help someone in a similar boat down the road.

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
4,237 Posts
Did I get lucky by having the SBC fail while sitting in the garage?
Assume you’re not using STAR (MB diagnostics). Clear codes, take a 10 minute drive and pull codes again if c2131 appears definitely SBC pump is failing. In addition, if any of the following MB codes appear you’re covered by warranty:

·
Premium Member
2005 E320 CDI
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Konigstiger,

I am using a ICarsoft reader.

Reset / cleared all codes. Took for a short, very short drive as it is hard to go anywhere at a super slow almost idle speed. If/when I touch the accelerator pedal the yellow triangle flashes on the cluster and the car slows from idle to sub-idle but no messages or check engine are displayed.

After a few minutes driving and getting it up to temp so I could check the Transmission fluid level the ICarsoft now shows just two codes:

C2257: ABS Anti-lock Braking System Control
6210: ABS Anti-lock Braking System Control

I will now need to research these two codes and see what they are indicative of but any suggestions / help would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
4,237 Posts
Longshot, check fuse f47 (5A) @ front SAM engine compartment. If this fails I think it best to have someone, somehow pull codes using MB DAS (diagnostics).

·
Premium Member
2005 E320 CDI
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked all fuses and F47 and it/they were all fine. I had a new brake hose in inventory (garage) so I installed that and took off the caliper to examine it closer. I am going to replace the caliper tomorrow it is/was still operating off the original and with 213k miles well it appeared to be ok I'm going to replace it tomorrow and put it back together to see if that addresses my issue otherwise it is off to somewhere for diagnoses, hate doing that as I try and have pretty much to this point performed all repairs to the vehicle to date.

Thank you Konigstiger for your input/help.

·
Premium Member
2005 E320 CDI
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update on this problem. I am now down to the "6210: ABS Anti-lock Braking System Control " error code. Car still doesn't drive at speed. When I disengage the ESP it will go at a higher speed around 10mph but i noticed that the speedometer is not moving. Via the Icarsoft it shows that the front two wheels are not reporting back speed/rpm to the computer, the back two wheels are. I did replace the front right Wheel Speed sensor with one from Amazon a "Bapmic 2115402317".

Any ideas on why the Wheel Speed Sensor(s) up front would not be reporting back the speed/rpm's?

Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts