Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok
im torn between a few different cars and would appreciate any opinions and info you might have. They are all very different. Im trading in my porsche cayenne S. power and acceleration and performance are a big plus for me, however i really like luxurious cars too. So im lookin for the best combo of both. My previous car was a C class benz. Wish i never sold it, so now im looking to get back in one.
If you know of any problem areas with these cars please let me know and any known issues with reliability lmk.

Four cars im debating, all around $40,000. All from 2 local MB dealerships, all cpo'd and appear in good nick.

First is a 2007 E63 CPO black on black with 39,000 miles package 2 with alcantra headliner and so on. Love the performance of this one, but the interior feels a little outdated compared with the 2010 e550. Price is 39,999

Second is a 2010 E550 coupe CPO steel grey on black, package 2, nicely optioned with 26,000 miles. Interior in this one just looks lightyears ahead of the 2007 e class. Just alot more modern.
$43,000

Third 2009 CLS550 black w black w the newer 3 spoke steering wheel interior 38,000 miles, package 1 so no alcantra headliner , does have the amg sport package tho with amg wheels etc.

Last is a car i wasnt really looking fr but when i saw that it was in the same price range i couldnt ignore it. 2008 S550 , cerified, 49600 miles, pacakge 3 lot of nice options, black on black. Wood and leather everywhere. Small looking wheels tho. $44,588

Okay thanks again, any advice greatly appreciated.

✌?

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,145 Posts
The S550 is a very large car to drive around in. If you like large cars then it would be the best choice.
The best one on the list is the E63. The AMGs have a higher standard of build quality when it
comes to the drive train and brakes. The engines are handmade.
The CLS is a good looking car, but the back seating is terrible for more than two people.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The S550 is a very large car to drive around in. If you like large cars then it would be the best choice.
The best one on the list is the E63. The AMGs have a higher standard of build quality when it
comes to the drive train and brakes. The engines are handmade.
The CLS is a good looking car, but the back seating is terrible for more than two people.
Thanks for the feedback. I think im leaning towards the e63.
Heres another sophies choice

This 2007 E63 for 39k
Or a 2009 C63 for 43k

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I think im leaning towards the e63.
Heres another sophies choice

This 2007 E63 for 39k
Or a 2009 C63 for 43k
Power, acceleration, and performance? I recommend you test drive an M5. My wife likes her 211 and I do too...nice, luxurious car. MBs are great, but based on your stated goals, it's the wrong make.

·
Registered
2004 E320
307 Posts
E63 are amazing cars with so much power that can be good and bad thing depending on ur driving and cops in ur area.

Personally i would buy E63 and if u can find 09 that would be even better

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
'07 E-550 4-Matic
69 Posts
My vote is for the 63

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im leaning toward the e63. Are these Reliable cars. Any known common problem areas. Transmission/ electronics/ engine?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Power, acceleration, and performance? I recommend you test drive an M5. My wife likes her 211 and I do too...nice, luxurious car. MBs are great, but based on your stated goals, it's the wrong make.
Good advice. And thats what i did 2006 E60 M5 ! with 35,000 miles and $13k less than the E63

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah i got the m5. It was 37000 with only 35k miles and i got a 2 year warranty on it. And im coming from porsche maintenance so hopefully can only go down from there.

I drove both, and trust me if they were same price, i Would have got the E63. But i couldnt see $13k more in value. Maybe next year.

2009 E350 W211 Arctic White (dads car)
105 Posts
Yeah i got the m5. It was 37000 with only 35k miles and i got a 2 year warranty on it. And im coming from porsche maintenance so hopefully can only go down from there.

I drove both, and trust me if they were same price, i Would have got the E63. But i couldnt see $13k more in value. Maybe next year.
Well congrats, you got a great car that I would love to drive, you should make a vid with that V10 exhaust note! :)

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well congrats, you got a great car that I would love to drive, you should make a vid with that V10 exhaust note! :)

Sent from my iPad using AG Free
Yeah definitey! I actually havent taken delivery of it yet. Theyre waiting for the title to come in. I cant wait to actually drive it w/o the salesman blabbing in the passenger seat. They shouldnt be allowed to come with u on the test drive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts