Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am looking for 17" AMG-3pc staggered wheels (early 90s SL)...does anyone know as how to search for these wheels? I have exhausted my resources online and dont know where to search...

What tires should be used with thi staggered setup and a dropped W126?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Plenty of these available on German ebay - and I mean PLENTY.

The sellers always say 'collection in person' or Germany only, but email them and organise collection via UPS and that should work.

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
talbir - 5/16/2005 6:24 AM

Plenty of these available on German ebay - and I mean PLENTY.

The sellers always say 'collection in person' or Germany only, but email them and organise collection via UPS and that should work.
Any idea on cost of UPS shipping to US or to a neighboring EU country?

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
From Germany to England (i.e. within the EU) it's not bad at all - approx 100 Euros for wheels only. Wheels plus tyres (inflated) costs about 200 Euros. And there is no custom charge.

But to US, you'll no doubt get hit with the custom charge and higher cost of shipping too. I found that cost of shipping per wheel from England to US was approx between $80-120 US dollars depending on type of shipment (i.e. fast, slow etc). So total shipping is likely to be approx $300 - 480 dollars.

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
talbir - 5/16/2005 7:09 AM

From Germany to England (i.e. within the EU) it's not bad at all - approx 100 Euros for wheels only. Wheels plus tyres (inflated) costs about 200 Euros. And there is no custom charge.

But to US, you'll no doubt get hit with the custom charge and higher cost of shipping too. I found that cost of shipping per wheel from England to US was approx between $80-120 US dollars depending on type of shipment (i.e. fast, slow etc). So total shipping is likely to be approx $300 - 480 dollars.
thanks for the info.

Regarding customs.. I've heard if the item is bought used that you don't have to pay customs. Have you heard of this before or know if its true?

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Have to say that the item is used and stating that is for off road use only (ie, track use) will get you through.

Jonathan

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ive gone on ebay germany and only came across one add...and it was only the 2 fronts[:(!]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts