1. You just have to manipulate the carpeted interior liner 'door' (in front of the tail light) open.
2. Then remove those 4 8mm nuts. The only tricky one is up against the fender- it requires deforming the carpeted interior liner and you may want to use a wrench instead of a socket since space is tight- and keep a finger on the nut so it doesn't drop when it is clear.
3. Disconnect the wiring harness and slide the unit out.
4. If you are putting in a new lens you will want to retain the led circuit board, the associated bracket, the 4 bulbs, and the black gasket from the old light.
5. If you ordered a new lens, check the corners carefully to make sure they are not broken off- I had to order 3 from MB to get one good one.
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!