Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. I recently purchased a fellow forum member's 1992 500e and I'm very much looking forward to enjoying its ownership. It should arrive next week, but in the meantime, I would like to know if someone can guide me to a source in order to get my hands on an owner's manual for the car.

I understand there are differences between the e500 and mine, but at this point, if someone has a manual already scanned for either model, or an extra copy which I would be happy to reimburse for, it would mean a lot to me. These are complicated, older high performance vehicles and I'd like to have the opportunity to learn more about mine.

Thank you to everyone in advance, and look forward to your help!

Otto

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,371 Posts
Since your purchased a 500E, one of the best inexpensive investments you can make is to get the MB factory service manual on CD. Covers all models in the W124 family. It includes all factory documents including the owners manual, in electronic format.

Having this will save you lots of time, money and aggrevation when something does need to be done or if you plan to service the car yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apologize for perhaps being ignorant, but would this be something available at the dealership only, online (ebay, our host?), or where could I get a w124 Factory service manual? Even though it would include the owner's manual, do the 500e and e500 models get their own specific one? Regrettably, although I own and have owned older euro performance vehicles, I am not mechanically inclined for bigger jobs. However, I intend on purchasing the manual, but where from?

Thank you again for your help.

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,371 Posts
The printed manuals are unique to each model for each model year so expect some variances if you get a manual from a different model year, but should be 90+% accurate overall.

Purchasing the factory service manual on CD covers all W124 cars throughout all years, which comes in handy if you have more than 1 W124.

I bought mine from Performance Products for the genuine MB manual.

There are bootleg versions (on Ebay, etc) but cannot vouch for them or know anything about them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts