Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thank you for your advice and I was only using the impala reference for size not quality I tried to compare to something I new was similar enough that same size parts but in no way the quality or style

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I haven't looked but is the 95 a obd2 ? What type of connector you talking about?
If you are the mechanic you claim to be, you should know that OBD2 was not mandatory until model year 1996.

The W124 predates OBD2 by eons, having been designed starting in the mid 1970s and first rolled off the assembly line in 1984 when the term OBD1 was barely in existence.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Now thats not even nice to say some vehicles came out with obd2 as early as 94 being mercedes are higher end cars I figured they mitehave got a jump on it but there is no need to attack my abilitys I would never do that to you or anyone else

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Ok did a rooky move because the plug-ins look exactly the same temp sensor plug and both reach I had the distributor and temp sensor plugs swapped hoping I didn't fry the pcm and is the reason for it running rough so I'm going to replace the spark plugs and see how she runs

·
Registered
181 Posts
OP has a E420, which are LH.
The V8 W124s were never HFM controlled.
LH-SFI now available

Screenshots on my page i get from emulator, but after week I make real car screenshots (for 10 year ...

1. stored error codes received through the scanner coincide with slower LED codes.
2. actual error codes program does not show.
3. for small experience - you need to look in the LH operating parameters, error little hope.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Now this is why I joined this forum you guys are full of useful info I really appreciate all the advice even if it comes from not so nice people and my knowledge of the mercedes is growing everyday thank you guys for all your help!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
LH-SFI now available

Screenshots on my page i get from emulator, but after week I make real car screenshots (for 10 year ...

1. stored error codes received through the scanner coincide with slower LED codes.
2. actual error codes program does not show.
3. for small experience - you need to look in the LH operating parameters, error little hope.
Nice, that should cover most W124, tagging @gsxr

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Ok so does anyone know any reason why it would misfire badly I plan to check compression tomorrow and replace the spark plugs but this misfires and seems to after running for a wile start stall and misfire worse

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Perhaps timing is off the mark IF any major engine work was done such as head or timing chain and/or guide replacement.

The only proper plug for that engine is Bosch F8DC4, no exceptions.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Ok so does anyone know any reason why it would misfire badly I plan to check compression tomorrow and replace the spark plugs but this misfires and seems to after running for a wile start stall and misfire worse
...i told back around post # 2 or 3 check the 4-10 amp fuses in the base module. you could have brand new plugs caps and rotors and if 1 of those 4 fuses is blown the car will run like crap. a lot of tech talk here but have you verified something as basic as checking a fuse yet?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
No I forgot to do that thank you for reminding me I have a half hour in the morning to check things out and that totally slipped my mind I will check it tomorrow

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
A pic of my rig
Very nice looking car! I wish I could pick up a V8 W124 for $450!:crybaby2:

We have only very few 500E's in Ireland / UK (no E420's) and they are mega bucks- minimum £12k & more like £15k+ ($17k - $21k+!) All still with the steering wheels on the wrong side too:smile

I am in Florida this summer for 2 weeks I am going to check out the price of E500's / 500E's when I'm there. If the price is right one might end up heading across the pond in a boat!

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
13 Participants
Lourdalfe
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing