Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 SL600 1988 560SL
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a very small part that goes to the Pano top on my SL. I've looked at the Russian web site and it is not shown. It is a guide rail/clip that the roller shade bar sets into when it's open. The part is the off-colored piece in the pictures. I'm looking for the piece that goes on the driver's side (picture showing two little holes that this part attaches to).

Does anyone have any ideas where to get this part and/or the part number?

Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
Departed 1998 SL500 (and the Pano is in Bogota)
10,970 Posts
Try the Dealer, as the Pano is not a high production item so not likely anybody would be stocking parts for it. Junk yards would not have it either.

·
Registered
10,970 Posts
I also see some black gooey stuffs there, was your Pano leaking ?

·
Registered
10,970 Posts
I think you need to buy the whole front part that it is attached to.
That could be expensive as most likely a Dealer only item (and they may have to order it from Germany).
(Unless our friend Elbeik has a stash somewhere:D)

·
Registered
1997 SL600 1988 560SL
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what I suspected. Dealer here quoted me $250 for the front rail. Unless I can come up with a part number for this small piece. He said to check the forum to see if anyone had better source.

Not sure about the leak, just got the top last month while we were in Vegas. I have been busy detailing and polishing. Also was able to get a small dent removed by a paintless repair guy. I can confirm that other than the glass, the Pano top is made of aluminum. No steel.

Who has the front rail for $152? Kind of crazy for just this small piece. Might have to live without it. :(

·
Premium Member
1991 560SEC / 2007 S550
1,354 Posts
That's what I suspected. Dealer here quoted me $250 for the front rail. Unless I can come up with a part number for this small piece. He said to check the forum to see if anyone had better source.

Not sure about the leak, just got the top last month while we were in Vegas. I have been busy detailing and polishing. Also was able to get a small dent removed by a paintless repair guy. I can confirm that other than the glass, the Pano top is made of aluminum. No steel.

Who has the front rail for $152? Kind of crazy for just this small piece. Might have to live without it. :(
Pat is correct, you have to buy the whole front trim piece. The part number is 129 790 2645 (plus a 4 digit color code)

I still have all my old pano roof parts, grey interior. I did a swap out of grey for black (see this post for more info)...
September 2010: Replacing roof trim

I could sell it if you're interested, just shoot me a PM

·
Registered
1997 SL600 1988 560SL
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pat is correct, you have to buy the whole front trim piece. The part number is 129 790 2645 (plus a 4 digit color code)

I still have all my old pano roof parts, grey interior. I did a swap out of grey for black (see this post for more info)...
September 2010: Replacing roof trim

I could sell it if you're interested, just shoot me a PM
PM sent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts