Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CL55
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys, i have pair of xenons (uk version). i tried to wire them like my non-xenon old lamps. so far city light and high beams are working. low beam xenon doesn't start. i have pictured to show where my concern is. pls have a look and advise me. need to finish with them asap.

there are 2 wires coming from ballast (yellow + brown) and another pair of wires (white + brown) coming from connector under the low beam bulb. i have no clue what this pair of white and brown for. initially (connector only pictured) this white (name it 'unknown') was together with another white wire (high beam). i presume 'unknown white' works the way when the high beam is on, the low beam doesn't turn off. am i right here?

my old lamp doesn't have low beam and high beam wires together however when the high beam is on the low beam continues working.

what should i do with this 'unknown white' low beam wire??? if i have both white wires (hign and unknown low) connected in high beam socket place the low beam doesn't start!!!

pls help me guys here asap. thanks!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 CL55
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok i got it. xenons start but not immediately and not always. any cure against it?

·
Registered
2004 CL55
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all don have fun - the problem is: when you test 1 headlamp at a time and another one is not yet wired correctly there are 'bugs' in circuit hence you see your headlamp random switching and faults in xenon. wire both of them correctly and you will be fine :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts