Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I couldn't find out how to calibrate the W204 C220 CDI speedo using SDS and still don't know if it is possible. I got around the problem by fitting slightly different size tyres with the help of the tyre fitter and the speedo is now within 1%.
My W220 S500 is within 0.25% and is basically spot on.
Brian

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hey Brian,

I just came across this thread and was wondering whether you ended up working it out?

I am currently in a similar predicament where I have put bigger wheels on my C207 and the speedo has gone out, I have Xentry, C4 and developer mode however not sure where to look.
It's in the ECU under variant coding. What version of Xentry do you have. After 01-2011 they started locking things down allowing you do less and less.

·
Outstanding Contributor
2,984 Posts
Now I want a Star Machine! (Sometimes I wish I could sort out the good vendor(s) on AliExpress)....

Hoping you guys find the setting!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I couldn't find out how to calibrate the W204 C220 CDI speedo using SDS and still don't know if it is possible. I got around the problem by fitting slightly different size tyres with the help of the tyre fitter and the speedo is now within 1%.
My W220 S500 is within 0.25% and is basically spot on.
Brian
I tried looking at doing this as well but my only option was to go lower profile tyres (25) which is going to make a very harsh ride.

It's in the ECU under variant coding. What version of Xentry do you have. After 01-2011 they started locking things down allowing you do less and less.
I have both 01-2011 on a harddrive and 2018.09 on another harddrive. I found another one of your posts that mentioned this as well, but I couldn't find the "ECU" settings. I have a C207 and I can't connect to it using DAS it automatically switches to Xentry - could this be why I can't find it or am I just looking in the wrong place?

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The whole Star Diagnosis System (SDS) program is very confusing and at the moment I do not have time to connect to our W204 C220 CDI and find out what control module Scott52 is referring to. When I get more time I will return to trying to adapt my W220 S500L for Distronic which I have now fitted. If you want to see examples of the SDS terms used here is my work in progress on attempting to program the W220 for Distronic https://w220.ee/WIS_30.30_Cruise_Control_(CC),_Distronic_(DTR)#Activation.2FAdaptation.2FCoding_.E2.80.93_Distronic_.28DTR.29

Further to my post #21 above, I did fit Pirelli P7 215/55 R16 91V tyres in place of the OEM Pirelli P7 205/55 R16 91V. The new tyres increased the rolling radius by 5mm. But I must admit that I was too lazy to do a full test and measurement. My quick test with the new tyres showed that the speedo error had reduced to about 1% and I was very pleased with the result. You have inspired me to finish the full tests which I will do asap.

I used this on-line tyre size calculator during my research into candidate tyres. ETyreStore Home - Welcome To The Revolution

This Calculator Shows Width, size differences, and circumference with vehicle weight factored in.
Here are the results for my OEM and candidate tyres.
OEM and Candidate Tyre Comparison Using OnLine Calculator.jpg

Brian

·
Registered
891 Posts
I tried looking at doing this as well but my only option was to go lower profile tyres (25) which is going to make a very harsh ride.

I have both 01-2011 on a harddrive and 2018.09 on another harddrive. I found another one of your posts that mentioned this as well, but I couldn't find the "ECU" settings. I have a C207 and I can't connect to it using DAS it automatically switches to Xentry - could this be why I can't find it or am I just looking in the wrong place?
Yes that's your problem. Sometime in 2009 DAS couldn't be used anymore and it would automatically switch to Xentry. I applied a patch file to my 01-2011 that I got from MHH AUTO. So I can still use DAS with that version.

Alternatively download 10-2008 from mhhauto. See if you can find a preinstalled image on vmware. I've set up virtual machines on my PC using vmware. I have three VM's with 10-2008, 01-2011 and 07-2013.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
6 Participants
Scott52
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing