Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i need help. i have a 1998 clk 230 kompressor 130k miles, that has developed a very bad misfire over 4000 rpm it also goes into limp mode when driven hard(no kompressor.
have tried coil packs, plugs, new fuel filter, maff.
i have just unpluged the crank sensor and that cuts engine as per norm,
however have disconected ther cam position sensor and this made no differance to the engine or my problem.

my question is when you disconect the cam sensor should it make a differance to the engine when running or is this my problem it is also leaking oil around it.
any help appreciated.needed

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Ditto to reading the codes. You are throwing parts at the car, some of which might have been perfectly O.K.

·
Registered
Clk 230 kompressor 1998
8 Posts
i need help. i have a 1998 clk 230 kompressor 130k miles, that has developed a very bad misfire over 4000 rpm it also goes into limp mode when driven hard(no kompressor.
have tried coil packs, plugs, new fuel filter, maff.
i have just unpluged the crank sensor and that cuts engine as per norm,
however have disconected ther cam position sensor and this made no differance to the engine or my problem.

my question is when you disconect the cam sensor should it make a differance to the engine when running or is this my problem it is also leaking oil around it.
any help appreciated.needed

I'm having the same problem, car idle is fine, in the road after 3000 rpm it misfires and enter safe mode. Ive tried to change plugs Sparks, and coils but the problem persists . Any idea?

The errors are cilinder 1 & 3 misfire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts