Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes E320
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 Mercedes E320

I have been battling with this for past few weeks now. CEL Code P0452/0451, suggesting fuel tank pressure sensor.
I took apart the wheel well on the passenger side rear, there is no sensor located over there. I looked at the area under the driver side rear seat. There are only two electrical connectors (Attached is picture from my car) but none of them look like the one in the picture I have attached. This is the item the dealer and online retailers have.
Car drives perfect though.

Any help will be needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes E320
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying! is it easy to remove the left sending unit out of the tank? is there a DIY? i see there is a black ring your unscrew and the left sending unit moves out but not sure how far it comes out?

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
12,198 Posts
Left sending unit comes with hoses going to the right side fuel pump. You have to remove right side, disconnect hoses and attach string to help route whole mess back trough.

You are gonna be in gas up to your armpits.

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes E320
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now this all makes perfect sense! Thank you Witek_M. I can do the work once I order parts. However I called Mercedes dealer, they said my fuel leak warranty expired in July 2018. I was so disappointed this happened after that period.

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes E320
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Witek_M, There was very minimum fuel leak i noted but it was really like few drops after many weeks, does that trigger the P0427 code? do you think replacing the sender unit gaskets first and then see if the CEL comes back on? or is it indeed the sensor and I should replace the whole unit.

·
Banned
Your mom
6,491 Posts
Now this all makes perfect sense! Thank you Witek_M. I can do the work once I order parts. However I called Mercedes dealer, they said my fuel leak warranty expired in July 2018. I was so disappointed this happened after that period.
Damn that's really frustrating. I bought my 04 in Oct and discovered the fuel leak in December after first fill up which the seller neglected to mention. I had it done with 4 months left on the warranty.
https://imgur.com/a/6CaNUZv

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
12,198 Posts
Witek_M, There was very minimum fuel leak i noted but it was really like few drops after many weeks, does that trigger the P0427 code? do you think replacing the sender unit gaskets first and then see if the CEL comes back on? or is it indeed the sensor and I should replace the whole unit.
What's P0427?

Have you contacted dealer for individual parts availability? In some cases with PZEV only complete tank is available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.