Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help! I need a late 30's-early 40's black convertible Mercedes for a shoot about the bomb plot to kill Hitler in 1944 (the Valkyrie plot). The vehicle will be used in the shoot to show Col. von Stauffenberg (the officer who carried the bomb) being taken to the Wolf's Lair. Hitler will NOT be shown in the car. Shooting is scheduled for the end of June, and will be done just south of Birmingham, Alabama. The vehicle will be fully insured during the shoot, and arrangements can be made for transportation. Credit will be given for the car, and reasonable rental is available. If you don't have such a car, information about possible sources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1968 250SE
58 Posts
End of May? Today is May 27 - we only have four days left in May..........
Good luck to you on your quest.

·
Registered
1978 280ce euro found dead on Ebay
1,805 Posts
Have you tried renting from universal studios maybe there's a few in the back lot from the indiana jones movies.

·
Registered
'78 Mog 416.141 DoKa
3,413 Posts
Might it be more realistic to have the officer stepping out of a Kubelwagen instead ?? Not as glam for TV, but seeing as they were 'in the field' and all...and von Stauffenberg was only an Oberst and not a General...

Type 82 Kubelwagen - over 50,000 made between '39 and wars end - utility transport.

Attachments

·
Registered
1978 280ce euro found dead on Ebay
1,805 Posts
--tried, no joy. Thanks anyway
I did know that it was sold and put on Ebay for 2.5 mil :eek:

The apprasial has it at 75K I am sure he's not going to get close to 2.5 mil but to get him to agree on renting it you have to insure if for 2.5 mil to make him happy and then the cost to rent and move I am sure he is out there on a qoute for use. But it's sure is nice.

Just a thought How much to CGI the car?

·
Registered
2001 CL500 2006 E350 4-matic
605 Posts
What about the Imperial Palace Museum in Las Vegas? Last time I went through it, AH Mercedes was sitting there on display...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts