Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Mercedes CLK 500
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post on BenzWorld. Love the site.
I have a 2006 clk 500. I love the car. This morning when I turned on my car my radio turned on as always but no sounds came out of the speakers. Any ideas of what is the problem. I drove a lot yesterday about 175 miles and the car worked wonderfully. The radio was fine yesterday. I have the Command system with navi also. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
If the voice works on the COMAND Navi system, I guess that the audio amp must be OK. That just leaves the AM/FM antennas or the antenna amplifier.

The radio antenna (on a coupe) is part of the rear window heater in the glass, and the amp is located on the inside of the window glass but under the roof lining close to the rear window.

Have you done anything that might have disturbed that area? Is the rear window defroster working?

Have you checked f26 in the driver's side cockpit fusebox (sound system) and f64 in engine compartment fusebox (COMAND NAV, radio).

·
Registered
2006 Mercedes CLK 500
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keyhole, Also, The rear defroster is working, and no I have not done anything to disturb the radio amp or the rear window. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
2007 MB CLK 550 Coupe
12 Posts
Not sure if you have fixed this yet, but the same thing happend to my 07 550. First they replaced the Amp, which worked for a while (6months?), however, it recently went out again, and they found out they had to replace the entire COMMAND head unit. Apparantly around the mid 2008 timeframe, MB came out with updated electronics in the COMMAND head units that fixed some of the "glitches" with the prior ones. They are being replaced so often the new version is typically back-ordered from Germany (took 5 weeks for dealer to get mine).

However, during those 5 weeks, the dealer unloaded the software package on the unit, and reloaded everything. This also made it work until they were able to get the new unit in. Thankfully, mine has all been under warranty - as I think the amp is several hundred $, and the head unit close to $2k.

So my guess would be, you have an Amplifier problem or a head-unit problem. You may have to hit the dealer to diagnose. Then you may get away with just a reload of the software which may work.

·
Registered
2006 Mercedes CLK 500
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey b1Mario,

Not actually its still not fixed. I haven't had time to take it to the dealer. I am planning on doing it this week. Unfortunately unlike yours mine is no longer under warranty. So i'm hoping its on the software. Everything works fine with the Command except its dead silent. So we'll see. Thank you though.

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes CLK320
149 Posts
that happened in my 05 CLK320, but it only did it twice. First time it happened, I was like "wth? whats with my speakers, it isn't playing my music". But after I parked the car and came back to it later (maybe like an hour), the car was all better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts