Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think my average asking price is?
And what is the high side of it?
Thanks in advance.

http://www.doubletech.net/1234/MB300SEL/

136,xxx miles 1990 300SEL, not 560SEL.
Just smog.
New replaced head gasket set.
Head shaved 5/1000, more aggressive. Sounds a little more noticeable
New rebuilt tranny.
New replace EGR valve when smog.
Premeum stereo system with 2 amps, 12" sub
New set of tires
New fuel filter
New PBR deluxe brake pads
New mono valve (heater valve)
New front windshield
New CD player.
Front shock (Bilstein), engine mount replaced about over a year ago.
.."New" means replaced within 1/2 year..

My dad bought it used long time ago and the previous owner swaped in the 560SEL badge. My dad didn't even care about the badge. I have no 300SEL badge to swap back, and who cares.

Does not work:
Power antenna. Motor still work. I think the inside belt is snaped.
Everything else works great. Car drive like a dream.

How much do you guys think I can get?

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
I don't know what you mean by inside belt snapped? Timing chain? I haven't heard of an M103 snapping its chain, especially at its current milage.

If the engine is in working condition and has no problem, your car would sell for and is valued at around $5000-5500. Its a nice car, I had the same car but an '88.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
snipple,
I was talking about the power antenna. Inside the power antenna has a little belt.
Since the motor is still working but the anttena doesn't roll up/down, I think the power antenna belt is snaped.
My engine is running great

deadrattle,
it should be a lower-end Lexus such as ES300 since my girl always want it. She doesn't care how nice/well the MB driven since where she's from MB doesn't do that well. I am tired of explaining to her how much I like German car and what I think about Lexus (simply a Japanese car similar to toyota, honda, and nissan). If Lexus ES300, why not higher end Camry?

After that, I get back my BMW E36. I sold mine a while ago because a personal reason.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Although I’m banned from car pricing I don’t think it’s breaking the rules to agree with $5000 per snibble – that’s how much I paid for my 91 300 SE with 103,000 miles, so for an SEL the price seems right.

Sorry to see you go, btw…

1 - 6 of 6 Posts