Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
36,850 Posts
Top left is my #1. Simple and elegant, vaguely germanic.

Top right looks like a seed catalog add for posies.

Bottom left is unappetizing.

Bottom right is unremarkable.

I love homebrew, Y. I haven't brewed a batch in a year or so, my local distributor has a great line of imported and domestic beers and I can no longer compete. My beer was always better than major label beers but the stuff that they brew out in Zeitgeist's woods is freaking wonderful.

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Top left is my #1. Simple and elegant, vaguely germanic.

Top right looks like a seed catalog add for posies.

Bottom left is unappetizing.

Bottom right is unremarkable.

I love homebrew, Y. I haven't brewed a batch in a year or so, my local distributor has a great line of imported and domestic beers and I can no longer compete. My beer was always better than major label beers but the stuff that they brew out in Zeitgeist's woods is freaking wonderful.
The first one looks the best!

Thanks guys. bot, this was my first stab at it and I was pleasantly surprised. It is time consuming but what the hell is there to do? :beerchugr:

·
Registered
19,471 Posts
I like the last one,. Drink Home Brew , Yo

·
Registered
36,850 Posts
Thanks guys. bot, this was my first stab at it and I was pleasantly surprised. It is time consuming but what the hell is there to do? :beerchugr:
My first year I brewed probably 7-10, 5 gal batches. I think I drank it all myself! Later I got heavy into German beers and got pretty good at alt and dobblebock, though my favorite was a scottish ale. I didn't share any of it with anybody but Mrs B.

I started with a kit and brewing whatever the kid label said. After I was satisfied with the procedures I started messing around. Also went to soda kegs rather than bottles -- what a great advance that was! I still have all the stuff and with imported beers getting outrageously expensive, I'm tempted.

·
Registered
36,850 Posts
The recipe came from St Pat's in Austin, TX. I just checked their website ( St. Patrick's of Texas ) and it looks like they've dumped the beer section and are now all wine. They used to maintain a pretty good recipe list online but I don't see it.

Oh well.

B

PS I just checked my other favorite recipe website, stoutbilly's ( http://www.stoutbillys.com/stout/RECIPENS/15a993b0/d03bc6c6.htm ), and it's down, maybe out? I need a beer. I have a couple of Jackamo IPA ( Abita Brewing Company ) in the fridge, calling-out to me.

Weird Al Yankovic- The Beer Song

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Top left most professional looking one and the one under it would work if you took goofy assed looking guy out of it and put a pair of titty's pushing outward from it.......yeah it might just work...:D

1 - 20 of 73 Posts