Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning Gents

Last night I was chasing some CELs and managed to eliminate most of them with a new MAS, 1 coil and a new plugs.

I was using the headlights for additional lighting and ended up killing the battery. I trickle charge the battery overnight and it started right up this morning. Eliminated all the CEL but as I depressed the accelerator pedal the idle became erratic and the car threw up P1580. The car will physically move under idle but the accelerator has no effect what so ever.

I have since tried to clean the throttle blade but that has no effect. Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update for anyone whose reading this and needs the info:

All you need to do is reset the throttle position.

If your in this position and the car will not move under any sort of movement from the gas pedal all you need to do is put the key on the "ON" position (but do not start the car). Hold the brake while your doing this and keep it up for 3 minutes. Restart the car and enjoy =)

·
Registered
94-sl600 90 560sec
12 Posts
HELLO
I WENT TO START CAR ,IT STARTED THEN IDEL WENT UP AND DOWN, NO ACCELLERATION
I DID WHAT YOU SAID, NOW I CAN GIVE IT GAS ,AND ITS SEEMS OK, BUT THE CODE 1580 COMES RIGHT BACK AFTER I CLEAR CODES, WHAT DO YOU THINK IS MY PROBLEM. THANK YOU .

1997 e320 straight 6

·
Registered
1 Posts
TPS Reset worked fixed rough running misfires low accel

I have 97 c280 mercedes benz my water pump went out, took it a Certified mercedes Benz mechanic. He gives me the car back running rough, misfires, barely accelerates up 15 mph. Says he doesnt know what wrong with it. Too old to fix. If i turned the car off and on sometimes problem magically goes away. Finally it became undriveable, changed spark plugs. code p1580, changed maf, still bad, couldnt figure out what magically makes it work? not work? checked vaccuums, finally i found the post about resetting the TPS. (Throttle Position Sensor)I did it and my car works again. 5 years ago that advice was posted by "boostiality" that advice was the best. Many thanks it passed inspection and is know driving me all around town.

·
Registered
1 Posts
really worked great on 1997 Mercedes E320 m 104 engine. Couldn't go anywhere at first, was in washing machine mode, tried changing throttle sensor and throttle body, no change. Didn't need any of this, as the reset procedure was all that it needed. Battery going dead started all of this crap. It's ok now and the P1580 that I had, never came back after clearing it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts